PDA

View Full Version : How to tailor a CV for biz jets? (in Europe)

Bearcat F8F
12th Nov 2014, 16:03
Hi everyone,

Could someone advise me on how I should tailor my CV for applying to any biz jet companies as opposed to the airlines (with no previous flying job experience)? In other words, what are the main differences between a CV tailored for the airlines and corporate aviation?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know it's all about networking but I am not exactly going to sit and do nothing about it even if I don't know someone on the inside.

CaptainProp
12th Nov 2014, 20:01
If no type rating or previous flying experience then make sure you tell potential employers what you CAN offer them. Previous relevant non flying work experience or education.

CP

INNflight
12th Nov 2014, 22:37
Apply for an office job at whatever operator will take you. Flight following, dispatch, sales - anything you are good at or could be good at. Work honest and hard.

It's not about how qualified you may be for a job, but how hard you work for it. If you're good in ops / dispatch / sales they will recognize and value your dedication and give you a shot eventually. Plus it comes with the networking experience.

I did two years of bizav dispatch before flying ( alebit at a biiiig, boooring airline :8 ) and I'd never want to miss it. It's fun, you get great insights, it can be challenging and you'll become a problem solver.

Bearcat F8F
13th Nov 2014, 10:27
I understand. So when I apply for other non-flying related roles, should I tell them that eventually I would like to make it into the right hand seat or not? I don't want to apply to a sales position without it leading onto anything eventually...

what next
13th Nov 2014, 12:04
I understand. So when I apply for other non-flying related roles, should I tell them that eventually I would like to make it into the right hand seat or not?

I definitely think you should. They see from your CV that you hold a pilot's license and will be able to count two and two together. If you don't tell them what your ultimate goal is, they might feel cheated.