PDA

View Full Version : Any C210/C206 around for hire?

Biggles266
12th Nov 2014, 10:36
Hi all, I know it's a long shot down south but I'm trying to find out if anyone knows of any C210's in Victoria or southern NSW available for hire or familiarisation and engineering papers....? Appreciate any C206's known about also, but prefer C210's given they are retractable.

PM if you prefer. Many thanks in advance.

jas24zzk
13th Nov 2014, 12:18
ACMA/MAF out at YCEM have a Turbo 206 with luggage pod. Not sure they normally hire it, but it was made available to me once as a replacement for a similar type from another organisation that went u/s.

It wasn't cheap!

worth a call to them if you are determined.

iPahlot
13th Nov 2014, 23:30
There was a 210 down Tyabb a few years ago.

hillbillybob
14th Nov 2014, 02:33
one of the blokes I met on the job hunt had some 200 series time out of Canberra, I think it was through the Canberra Aero Club, might be worth a call

Tom.RQM
14th Nov 2014, 03:16
Good luck finding a 210 for hire. There is one at Tyabb and one in Tooradin, however you need to know the guys who own them pretty well to be trusted enough to do any flying on them. As for 206's there is one in Ballarat which is used quite a bit for endorsements and hire. They'll do a 3 hour, 1 day familiarisation course with you and then happy to hire it out and for you to log solo, however I believe you still have to have an instructor or the owner in the right seat while you're flying. Ballarat charge around $350 solo ($450ish dual) an hour which is the cheapest I've seen anywhere

Jerr
14th Nov 2014, 04:31
My stepson did his C 206 endorsement at Inbound Aviation - Ballarat late last year, they gave him a very thorough endorsement, and also lots of hints on how to fly as a commercial pilot.

Inbound Aviation Ballarat - A premier flight training facility (http://www.inboundaviation.com.au/aircraft.htm)

My stepson has just finished his first season up north, now heading home after 500 plus hours this season in C 182s and the C 210. He said having the C206 endorsement with 10 hours on type helped him to get his first job. He already had his retractable endorsement.

Safe flying

JERR

Biggles266
14th Nov 2014, 20:46
Thanks for all the info everyone, much appreciated! I should probably clarify, I'm not looking to 'hire' the aircraft myself as much as i am looking to do familiarisation flights and engineering papers on them.

iPahlot
14th Nov 2014, 21:05
Why don't you just download the 210 POH and the CASA single engine piston engineering paper template? They both are readily available on the web...

Left 270
14th Nov 2014, 23:01
Title would suggest otherwise.

poonpossum
15th Nov 2014, 02:48
I did 210 familiarisation at West sale in KVR. Not sure if it is still there or not but the guy is a great instructor and also got my foot in the door with a job :)

JasonAirBourne
13th Jun 2019, 08:48
I did 210 familiarisation at West sale in KVR. Not sure if it is still there or not but the guy is a great instructor and also got my foot in the door with a job :)
I know your post was a while ago, however as im keen on getting C210 experience, do you know what the name of the company was that hired out KVR?