PDA

View Full Version : Enugu handling

Trim Stab
11th Nov 2014, 04:09
Anybody got any recommendations for handling at Enugu Nigeria? I need a very quick turnaround there on a one-off visit so need handling who are can organise everything in advance.

I realise I am asking a lot to expect efficient, organised anything in Nigeria - but sometimes Nigeria can surprise you - so if there is any decent handling at Enugu please let me know!

B Drive
11th Nov 2014, 06:08
evergreen apple Lagos has a rep at every airport in Nigeria. google them

CentreOfExcellence
11th Nov 2014, 07:22
Enugu is old school Nigeria and one of the more corrupt destinations. It will not surprise you in a positive way like Lagos, Abuja, PH, Kano or Calabar.

Agree that Evergreen Apple is your best bet. EAN Aviation (http://www.ean.aero) That being said...
Just because there is supposed to be a handling agent upon arrival, does not mean you will have a person representing your interests when you arrive.

A foreign registered aircraft arriving in Enugu with all foreign crew is like a flying automated teller machine and might as well have dollar signs for winglets. They know you're there for a one-off visit and will act as such.

The collective attitude of "What do you have for us?" in Enugu is pervasive. You can turn there in about 20 minutes. However, to ensure a quick turn, be prepared to make an "offering."

Dash is king. Arrive pre-lubed and you will depart feeling less pain.

Trim Stab
11th Nov 2014, 14:08
Thanks for the tips - I will check out Evergreen.

Springbok614
15th Nov 2014, 07:53
I have been in there many times with a foreign register. It was a fairly simple and straight forward exercise.

The people collecting landing, parking and pax tax comes to the aircraft and collects. Then pay your Nav charges in the building before filing a flight plan.

Being friendly and offering a cool drink to the people was enough in my experience.

Evergreen Apple will probably charge you excessively for what you could do yourself at a relatively small airfield.

Don't get a fright when you see the Conoil bowser!!! Fuel can be delay a bit so make sure you contact them in advance with your ETA.