PDA

View Full Version : PNG Man Tries to Stop Wife Boarding Plane

Rotor Work
10th Nov 2014, 08:25
From ABC News

Man wielding machete runs onto Papua New Guinea runway to stop wife boarding plane - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-10/machete-wielding-man-runs-at-plane-on-png-airport-tarmac/5880612)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1-EHZyCcAAqJ6u.jpg

Police in Papua New Guinea have arrested a man who ran towards a plane wielding a machete to try and stop his wife from boarding.

PNG's national carrier Air Niugini confirmed the incident happened on Thursday morning at Kimbe in West New Britain province.
"There was an unauthorised incursion of tarmac area at Hoskins Airport, by a person armed with a bush knife, while passengers were still boarding the aircraft," chief executive officer of Air Niugini Simon Foo said in a statement.
"The person was trying to prevent his wife from flying out on flight PX 241.
"Security and the port manager arrived at the scene and calmed the situation.
"The wife came off the flight and the aircraft departed without any delay.
"There were no injuries to passengers, crew, aircraft or any ground equipment."
A photograph circulated on social media appeared to show a man holding a machete and running towards an Air Niugini plane.
Police have since arrested the man and charged him with violating aviation laws.
PNG's Civil Aviation Safety Authority is investigating how the man was able to access a restricted area of the airport.

Unusual-Attitude
10th Nov 2014, 08:29
"The wife came off the flight and the aircraft departed without any delay.

Oh that's ok then....wifey now pig food, but hey...it's all about the OTP. :D

drpixie
10th Nov 2014, 12:52
PNG's Civil Aviation Safety Authority is investigating how the man was able to access a restricted area of the airport.

It's been quite a few year since I was in PNG, but I'm having trouble imagining how a "restricted area" is enforced at most of those airfields! :confused:

chimbu warrior
10th Nov 2014, 20:21
Love is such a fickle thing.............wonder how things went when he got her home?

deadcut
10th Nov 2014, 20:38
"Clear prop!"

flyingsaint
10th Nov 2014, 22:38
love is a 5 bladed prop coming your way!!!!!!!!!!:mad::cool:

flyingsaint
10th Nov 2014, 22:38
damn its four bladed...................

Two_dogs
10th Nov 2014, 23:21
6 ............

Mach E Avelli
11th Nov 2014, 03:05
If he paid six pigs and 12 chooks for her, he probably felt ripped off.

Unfortunately, had she got away, she could have still been in trouble with her family if the man's mob came looking for a refund.

Even if they lock the guy up, his wontoks could give her a very hard time.

It's not funny.

Unusual-Attitude
11th Nov 2014, 03:54
1hr 40 mins from CS to POM. No 'time change'...in reality, about 300 years behind...1000 in certain parts of the highlands I'd guess.

Pinky the pilot
11th Nov 2014, 08:18
Had something similar happen to me one time. Doing a charter Moresby/Mt Hagen/Moresby in a Simbu 402 and upon landing at Mt Hagen was told by the charterer that 'there is an extra passenger' and could we leave immediately!:ooh:

"Ok, no worries" said I.

The Charterer promptly ushered out his passengers which included a woman who was quite obviously very apprehensive, indeed frightened!

As I went through the walk around after loading the passengers I was was urged by several of them to 'please hurry' and 'we must go now.':hmm:

Even as I taxied out I noticed that several of the passengers appeared somewhat agitated and the woman was by now extremely edgy.

And as the wheels left the ground I could have sworn that I heard a huge sigh of relief from all on board.

Shortly afterwards, I happened to glance at the tarmac outside the terminal buildings and noticed a solitary figure running about.

I asked no questions, and no explanation was given.

geeup
11th Nov 2014, 22:39
You lads are worth more money...

Pinky the pilot
12th Nov 2014, 02:41
You lads are worth more money...

Thanks geeup, but in my case the incident I related happened 22 years ago and even then, that sort of thing was considered to be no big deal.

And Richard Rowe (God rest his soul) would have just laughed at me if I suggested we should be paid more.:D

Hell, even getting shot at by raskols with home made shotties was nothing special! Other Pilots had far worse events to contend with than I ever experienced.

Tinpis could possibly tell a story or two.

Killer Loop
12th Nov 2014, 06:23
I think Geup may be referring to the current boys and girls up in Paradise. I agree with his sentiment.

Flashsplash
12th Nov 2014, 09:27
An incident that happened to APNG a few years ago on you tube Stupid Engans Show No Respect. - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eArKboje1X4)

If the link does not work search 'Stupid Engans show no respect'