PDA

View Full Version : internet options - Android

rans6andrew
9th Nov 2014, 17:05
I can't find an option to force the Internet browser on my Galaxy Tab S to fetch a fresh copy of webpages when the refresh option is touched. Some pages are OK, like Ebay and other classified ads websites. The problem is made worse as the tablet never actually switches off, it just suspends with all of its tabs/pages in memory so some pages are stuck showing stuff you viewed several weeks ago. In particular, the results page of the Henley Sailing Club doesn't show the latest results for any of the races. The race results are files generated by the scoring software, I understand them to be just individual .html files. Curiously, my Galaxy S3 'phone manages to get the updated pages when a refresh is requested. Both devices are running recent flavours of Android and use the Internet browser.

Perhaps a change to Firefox would be worth doing,

thanks,

Rans6.........

KBPsen
9th Nov 2014, 19:18
Samsung has the habit of fiddling quite a lot with Android and what you call 'the Internet browser' is probably a version of the stock android browser that Samsung then have fiddled with. There may an option to clear the browser data manually.

Alternatively, Firefox for Android has the option to do this automatically every time you close it. You can also select which data is cleared (browsing history, cache, search history, cookies and so on).

There are likely other browsers with the same options.