PDA

View Full Version : SPb ACC

Ingvarr
8th Nov 2014, 17:30
Hi crew! I'm SPb ACCcontr.
I cannot understand! Whу you don't say "Good day"?
I'm not a putin! Be more polite!!

His dudeness
9th Nov 2014, 11:05
Okay, IŽll take the bait...

Hello Ingvarr....

We greet every controller we get changed to unless we get a "callsign only" either on handover by radio or written on the map we use.

I would even greet Mr.Putin, should I meet him, even though I disapprove his greater political scheme...

I would even go so far as to greet Mrs.Merkel....

CanŽt help you with your inquiry.... sorry

rightbank
9th Nov 2014, 11:10
Not guilty.

I always try to get a 'dobryj dyen' or 'Do svidaniya' in when contacting or leaving your frequency. Similarly I try to do local language greetings when talking in French, German, Italian, Spanish. However my Swedish, Polish, Turkish Arabic etc is non existent, so good day/good bye it is.

Obviously if the frequency is busy then leaving out these courtesies may be necessary, but I do agree though that a little politeness is lacking among some crews although many (most?) are polite.

deefer dog
10th Nov 2014, 14:59
I'll bite too.

We also make the first greeting with a local hello, if we know the language, and then take it as the mood/business of the controller dictates. Often make a special attempt to pacify those who sound like they got out of bed the wrong side also.

In your part of the world I get the impression that most of the controllers are rather grumpy, and mostly seem to give the impression that they hate their jobs, or perhaps speaking in English...not sure which.

Two other things make you unpopular from my experience...using "standby" over and over again without ever explaining why (for example one cannot start), and being vectored onto a localizer at 90 degrees! Probably not the fault of controllers though, but perplexing nonetheless.

Deep and fast
10th Nov 2014, 17:17
Alway polite passing through with доброе and до свидания
But next time it will be привет and пока :8

Ingvarr
14th Nov 2014, 21:14
Welcome to RF airspace!
Believe me, I allways ready for 'short cut'!
See you soon!