PDA

View Full Version : Jetgo Mid Air Emergency

Pilot58
8th Nov 2014, 07:51
Anymore info on Jetgo engine explosion leading to emergency landing.

TWOTBAGS
8th Nov 2014, 07:57
Precautionary shutdown on a non rev flight due dropping oil quantity. When the engineer opened the cowl it left a bit of a mess on the ground. Crew did exactly what they are trained for. Missed all pre schools & nursing homes, however it did leave a bit of 2380 over northern NSW.
Engineers identified the problem, part replaced and the plane flew the next morning.

Explosion, No
Emergency Landing, No

The most excited person was the approach controller who had the Jetgo Pan followed by the Virgin Pan straight after requesting an immediate return.

onehitwonder
8th Nov 2014, 08:05
Wasn't on the CASA proving flight was it?

TWOTBAGS
8th Nov 2014, 08:16
No CASA were not on board, the proving flight was Friday and the team passed with flying colours again, Gladstone is next with a few more in the pipe for next year. Sydney recruitment will be ongoing.

Pilot58
8th Nov 2014, 08:34
Plane is still grounded at Brisbane with damaged engine I was messages just then

ohallen
8th Nov 2014, 08:39
Goodness what is happening here no questions on Virgin Pan.

Must be a busy night somewhere.

TWOTBAGS
8th Nov 2014, 08:46
Well 58 why dont you look here https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHJZG for fact before you make a bigger goose of yourself.

Fact, the plane was fixed in a couple hours once the part arrived from Sydney.
Fact, the plane has flown 6 sectors since and is perfectly serviceable.

Pilot58
8th Nov 2014, 08:52
Thanks twobags what was the part that failed?

OzSync
8th Nov 2014, 09:40
I hear there actually may be a bit more to this story...

onehitwonder
8th Nov 2014, 10:14
Do elaborate

Pilot58
8th Nov 2014, 10:46
Ozsync I heard the same and was sent a pm on here about more.

I have asked teebags what part failed but he must be fixing it as we speak

Defenestrator
8th Nov 2014, 11:44
Sounds like the Thronomister failed. It happens. Though I'm tipping a couple of contributing pundits can come up with far more dramatic details.

:rolleyes:

Pilot58
8th Nov 2014, 21:26
Teebags wouldn't a Pan put it under a emergency landing ?

TWOTBAGS
8th Nov 2014, 23:19
I cant comment on the reason behind the oil loss as it is the subject to several investigations.

To answer your question how about this....

When a PAN PAN - message is sent, there's no immediate danger for the safety of the passengers, crew or aircraft.

MAYDAY, however is an indication of a dangerous situation that has risen and immediate action is needed.

So NO it was not an emergency, it was a precautionary measure. Realistically the aircraft could have held for several hours if required or not even told anyone and continued and no one would be the wiser. If anyone learnt from someone else it would be this incident Airnorth Regional E170 near Darwin on Mar 24th 2014, engine shut down in flight | AeroInside (http://www.aeroinside.com/item/3905/airnorth-regional-e170-near-darwin-on-mar-24th-2014-engine-shut-down-in-flight)

They did not tell anyone, no pan, yet it blew the crap out of the engine and was on the ground for 10 days and it created a hoohar of sorts Airnorth even had to cross hire Alliance to maintain schedule integrity. Jetgo on the other hand are transparent to the incident, the company safety systems are robust enough and so are the crew actions and policy, and the aircraft was serviceable within hours of the replacement part being sourced.

To infer here in this forum that there is something untoward happening, when the facts have been provided in a transparent manner, leads the proponent of that rumour down the slippery path of what happened in another thread concerning the same company.

As far as the company and the regulator are concerned its now time to await the report and see what was the root cause then take steps (if any are required) to mitigate the issue and prevent it from occurring again.

Skystar320
9th Nov 2014, 00:00
Must be loosing a fair amount of $$$ if only 27 passengers were on board! :eek:

The Banjo
9th Nov 2014, 00:21
Pilot58,

Extract from Jepp Pacific, STate Rules and Procedures-Australia Page 1030

MAYDAY — My aircraft and its occupants are threatened by grave and imminent danger and/or I require immediate assistance

PAN PAN — I have an urgent message to transmit concerning the safety of my aircraft or other vehicle or of some person on board or within sight but I do not require immediate assistance.

As it was a precautionary shutdown and he had a spare engine that is functioning normally...........

The Mayday is reserved for when Dick Smith puts out a media release :p

Defenestrator
9th Nov 2014, 00:32
He's a troll Twotbags and a libellous one at that. Responding just feeds the grubs ego.

Pilot58
9th Nov 2014, 03:07
This is a rumour network defenestrator, we are all trolls hiding behind fake names you turkey.

All things I had said are rumours that I have heard

ANCPER
9th Nov 2014, 03:16
Skystar 320,

what, losing money on a 75% load factor? :eek:

red_dirt
9th Nov 2014, 03:32
Wow so many Jetgo haters out there!!! Given them a break.

At least they are having a go and actually making progress which is more than I can do for a lot more out there.

Vista Jet
Gold Airways
Connect Jet
Terry Byrt mark 1, 2, 3 and 4

Ascend Charlie
9th Nov 2014, 06:42
...I heard a rumour that Pilot58 isn't really a pilot.

Must be true, it was a rumour I heard.

You drongo. As others have said, there are a lot of tall-poppy-cutters out there in their armchairs who have never had a go at something exciting. Jetgo is up and running despite all the nay-sayers and others who said "It will never get off the ground".

Sit back in your armchair, at a distance where your hands can't reach the keyboard, and watch how well they go. It will be good.

wheredidwhogo
9th Nov 2014, 07:12
Ascend i agree. Give them a go. It must be disappointing for the owners and staff, family and friends involved with Jetgo to be reading this garbage when they haven't even started their first RPT flight. I think before people kick start their keyboards maybe stop and think how you would feel if you sunk your life savings into something you believe in and had to read this dribble from people who dont sign off with their real name and contact details.. Good luck Jetgo i wish for smooth air and clear skys for you all.

Buttscratcher
9th Nov 2014, 12:33
...but fair go, no need to bag-out Air North in the process of trying to save face there Twobags

Marauder
9th Nov 2014, 23:18
Things sometimes break,

Looks like crew and company handled it properly

**** happens

Nothing else to see here, move along

Ero-plano
14th Nov 2014, 18:31
What's the big deal!!!!

We heard the Pan call from JETGO with the Pilot stating he had engine issues, this was actually closely followed by a QF Pan call with a medical emergency on board. ATC were under the pump with planes diverting around weather and handling these two planes requiring priority to land at BNE. Everyone landed safely, tick and tick... Just another day at the coal face.

Defenestrator
14th Nov 2014, 22:45
There's no big deal. The owner of the thread has an axe to grind. Nuf said.