PDA

View Full Version : SCMP COMMENTS

Trafalgar
7th Nov 2014, 22:14
Regarding the current SCMP comments, and any other media attacks: treat them as a sign that our CC is in fact going to have an impact on the operation. Every time you read such a comment, crack a smile and know that your efforts are worthwhile. In respect of the SCMP comments that were posted on their website, wouldn't at all be surprised that they were deliberately planted by Swire lackey's. Ultimately, I don't really care what the 'general public' thinks of me. Couldn't care less. I go to work, I go home. Pay me. Nuff said.

positionalpor
7th Nov 2014, 23:07
Hong Kong has the world's most narcissistic CEOs, research shows | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1634646/hong-kong-has-worlds-most-narcissistic-ceos-research-shows)

Captain Dart
8th Nov 2014, 07:11
To the self-righteously indignant: go ahead and travel on Air China, or a pilotless airliner if they invent one; I'm sure you will sleep soundly while the robot whisks you along through the night at eight tenths of the speed of sound, twelve kilometres above the planet.

Go on, get your favourite charity airline's management to magic up lots of Chinese pilots who will work for a free bicycle, but they will need magic, because mainland airlines are offering lucrative contracts to Westerners because they can't crew their own airliners. With cheap crew, your airline might knock a couple of hundred bucks off your fare; it's a travellers' charity, right?

While you're at it be consistent and go and write some incandescent emails about how much your lawyer, doctor, bus driver, landlord or Park 'n' Shop check out chick are earning as well as those Cathay Pacific pilots, but don't worry about checking facts about what those greedy pilots actually earn. Or go pay the money, put in the work and learn to fly yourselves if it is so bloody easy; just pushing buttons, isn't it? You can then step straight onto that expat gravy train and earn that multi-million dollar salary you read about on the internet; the posters can't all be company stooges, can they?

It's Hong Kong, and your pilots get for their skills what they negotiate, just like everybody else, and are actually contract workers doing what they are paid to do: no more, and no less. They just want an overdue payrise that is in line with inflation, that most employees in Hong Kong, including 'the broader Cathay community' seem to be given regularly.

If the thought of Cathay Pacific pilots asking for a reasonable cost of living adjustment is repellent to you, you are always free to fly with an airline that employs cheaper pilots. I'm sure it will be reflected in the fare, standard of service and safety record. I just don't care any more.