PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to reply . . . but how?

aspac
7th Nov 2014, 01:58
I use Thunderbird 31.1.2 and I find the reply icon very useful. If I receive a message, a little green arrow appears next to it after I've replied. I find this very useful as I otherwise would waste time wondering whether or not I've replied to a message.

All worked well until today. Suddenly, the green arrows disappeared. I must have unknowingly ticked something. But what? How do I get the green arrows back? I really hope someone can help. The problem isn't calamitous - just irritating.

onetrack
7th Nov 2014, 03:28
Aspac - This info in the link below may assist you. I can't find any settings in TB that control the icon, it's likely to be just a glitch caused by some loose code.
I've found that deleting all your temporary internet files will often solve these glitches, too.

Thunderbird Reply icon has disappeared (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2044997)

aspac
7th Nov 2014, 20:13
Thanks, onetrack.
I read the material to which you linked. Interesting stuff (and I do compact regularly). However, the problem persists.
So, any other suggestions on how to beat it will be welcome. It's not critical - just irritating.

Booglebox
10th Nov 2014, 13:09
Roll back to the previous version of TB (31.1.1) and see if it still exists?

aspac
11th Nov 2014, 04:37
Booglebox - That would have been a great idea but the problem corrected itself early today as mysteriously as it appeared. I now get arrows indicating I've replied - just as I used to do. [However, the arrows didn't return next to those to which I replied while I had the problem.] I cleared a lot of old stuff out of Thunderbird last night - perhaps that's what fixed things.