PDA

View Full Version : I wonder...

RusCo
31st Oct 2014, 08:23
I wonder, do "they" ever get tired of lying and breaking promises?

I feel as if I am in a bad relationship.

Hugo Peroni the IV
31st Oct 2014, 09:28
hang around in a bad relationship long enough and it starts to feel normal!

Sam Ting Wong
1st Nov 2014, 10:49
I have to say, the last newsletter by a certain DFO involving comparisons about the umbrella revolution and the AOA, was by far the most absurd, kafkaesque argument I have eve heard of. Like watching North Korean TV or a press conference of the FIFA.

Arfur Dent
1st Nov 2014, 13:05
Trouble is, they must actually believe the nonsense that they write which is truly delusional and worrying.
Just think what a fantastic outfit this could be if it was well managed. With 'Leaders' like the GMF and the current DFO (would you follow them into anything - let alone battle??) why am I surprised? I'm saddened by all this - maybe because there MUST be a better way. It must be a bit like running the NHS (UK national Health Service) and hating Doctors. :sad:

Max Reheat
2nd Nov 2014, 09:10
Arfur

"It must be a bit like running the NHS (UK national Health Service) and hating Doctors."

Perfect!

positionalpor
2nd Nov 2014, 12:47
Today was The last Flight At CX for a fine gentleman.
Very knowledgeable, funny, great chap to fly with. Now his expertise are going to serve someone else.
Why? Why did he had to leave?
Because of our management ineptitude to see further. Because of the cut throat business those individual are soaked in. Narcissism and pride, two elements that brought down empires if you know a bit of history.
I wish mgmt would read this posts and interrogate themselves on the whys

Why experience leaves? Why we can' t retain good and experienced pilots?

What a bunch of losers......

mngmt mole
2nd Nov 2014, 21:10
I'm sure there were several members of senior management to meet him when he got off the aircraft with a retirement gift and a bottle of champagne. Oh,...wait....never mind...:ugh:

bonzaboy
3rd Nov 2014, 00:13
So how is this down to the company? They are simply honoring the individual's choices. He could have opted to go to 65, but instead chose a contract with a retirement age of 55. He did that without coercion,and in full knowledge of the facts. So why the complaining?

Captain Dart
3rd Nov 2014, 00:42
Personally, I would prefer not to have any managers of this company meeting me on my retirement flight. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Just Do It
3rd Nov 2014, 01:08
The pilot management body should pat themselves on the back! Well done.....This airline is just going from strength to strength:D

They believe they are managers, therefore they are, a self reinforced delusion I'm afraid. What qualifications do these dudes have when they put their name in the hat? (Please don't start with "I commanded 1000's of men and women in the military" and "I was a manager at Dan Air, Ansett, Air Europe and did a quick stint at Eastern"

Well I guess down at the lodge those type of things aren't in question when getting the nod:ok:.

Well as long as they live up to their Daddy's expectation, get his long awaited approval and are eventually loved!

To be honest i'm after a leader who has got some ball's, and that doesn't include the ones in the wife's purse! Well may be Sqire only employ eunuch's:suspect:

Get radical people....you all can't be thinking the same way!

Less Photo's, less awards, less letters and more action in sorting the worst industrial atmosphere I have ever experienced in 30 yrs.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/31/business/habits-ineffective-leaders/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

http://talent.linkedin.com/blog/index.php/2014/08/top-10-dumb-things-companies-do-to-sabotage-hiring-the-best

OK4Wire
3rd Nov 2014, 02:48
What is this fine chap's initials, may I ask?

RusCo
3rd Nov 2014, 08:19
from...

http://talent.linkedin.com/blog/inde...iring-the-best

8. Use gladiator voting.
Adding up a bunch of yes/no votes is a surefire way to hire the consensus candidate, not necessarily the best candidate.

hmmm....sounds like a certain "star chamber"