PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Route flight planning system

ginopino
30th Oct 2014, 12:14
Anybody knows/has a positive feed-back about this flight planning System ?

Tks !!

hingey
4th Nov 2014, 13:17
Depends how much you want to use it and on aircraft type. I've been using rocket route for a few years now, feel free to PM

h

CEQforever
4th Nov 2014, 14:59
Worked very well for a private PC12.

Juffe
6th Nov 2014, 11:24
We have used RR now almost a year operating one C56X and we have been quite satisfied. They are updating it regularly and adding more options quite often. Couple of glitches now and then but I can recommend that system.

exlatccatsa
11th Nov 2014, 02:00
I have seen it used to plan an AS3B Aberdeen to Baku and return. It seemed a very capable system. I'm not sure it would work in your location though... even though they do call it Rocket Route. :ok:

dc9-32
11th Nov 2014, 06:31
How does it cope in European airspace with scenarios such as test flights, multi level change, speed change, STAY function etc ?

glider12000
11th Nov 2014, 07:21
There are details of that on their website Quick Guide | RocketRoute - Part 2 (http://www.rocketroute.com/topics/quick-guide/page/2)

dc9-32
11th Nov 2014, 08:43
a website can say anything to sell a product but how does the function work in reality and what is the Eurocontrol ACK success rate for such flight plans ?

drag king
11th Nov 2014, 08:53
How does it cope in European airspace with scenarios such as test flights, multi level change, speed change, STAY function etc ?

Pretty good, I would say.

I never owned a subscription but a colleague let me use his. I did perform test-flight and ferries in EU, ME and Africa, our base a VFR-only airfield sitting under AMS FIR. Always filled Z and had very minor issues, nothing that could not be corrected by copying a string from a previous similar FPL or by area-knowledge of how the local ATC system works.

Same for the STAY indicator from controlled airports into uncontrolled airspace (survey area, in our case) and back to base.

My advice would be to get hold of someone that flies your type of a/c and ask him/her to "dispatch" you for few flights, so to figure out if it can work for you.

DK :ok:

dc9-32
11th Nov 2014, 10:41
Is it a world-wide database or just some regions ?
I'm not looking at changing the software I use, I'm just curious....

vodka_gorbachev
11th Nov 2014, 14:52
It's worldwide with 24/7 support.
In case you can't find a route / file – you always can call or send an email and they assist quickly.