PDA

View Full Version : life as expat pilot in Bangladesh ?

jet-lover
27th Oct 2014, 15:29
hi all,

can anyone pls share any info how life is for an expat pilot in Bangladesh working in GA.

how much would C208B pilot make on average ?

Re: getting validation and work permit. is it complicated or not ?

any first hand info greatly appreciated. thanks

ABBOT
27th Oct 2014, 16:10
Spend some time on layovers in both Dhaka and Chittagong, been out exploring and found not a lot. Could be a little tedious to live in the place full time.

November Mike
27th Oct 2014, 19:33
Bangladesh? Fair to kak! A signed contract is then the basis to renegotiate the terms once you've arrived and come the end of your first month:ugh:

Rather play a piano in a knock shop in the worst part of LA than go to Bangers!

November Mike
27th Oct 2014, 19:40
Bangladesh? Fair to kak! A signed contract is then the basis to renegotiate the terms once you've arrived and come the end of your first month:ugh:

Rather play a piano in a knock shop in the worst part of LA than Bangers!

PiratePilot
17th Nov 2014, 01:17
As you must know,,,,Dhaka is one of the most densely populated cities in the the world and the air pollution come from New Dheli ,,,,,,believe it or not is is worse than China,,,,,so,,,,it blows over here,,,,,
Life is not bad,,,,,,secret is to become a member of one of the clubs,,,,if Canadian,,,easy to get membership,,,,,if usa,,,is hard,,,,,been trying to become for 9 months,,,,,but you can become a member of like the Nordic club......once you have one card,,,,,it enables you to go to any of the other clubs,,,,,,,,
This years monsoon was nice,,,,,cleared the air,,,,yes,,,lot of rain and boomers here and there,,,,,,but i just fly the Twin Otter,,,,and only 85 miles to the NE and back twice a day,,,,,,,
If you want to build float time,,,,got to the Maldives,,,,,7 to 8 hours of flying and 17 sectors,,,,,great maint too,,,,,,,is real challenge,,,,,,great experience to overnight in the resorts,,,,,why,,,,,early morning international connections.. but 98% of the time,,,,sunrise to sunset flying,,,,
I got burned out,,,,left after 1.5 years,,,,,am not into time building,,,,have over 10k hours 7k+ in otters,,,,,
I took this job as is the only otter i have not flown,,,,the new 400 and is amphib,,,,,
take care

CessnaT50Driver
18th Nov 2014, 01:50
I just got out of 1 year of flight ops as fleet manager Regent Airlines...I dont recall a C208 there its almost all turbine powered stuff...

vfenext
18th Nov 2014, 13:43
The C208 is a turbine. You must have been a great fleet manager.

CessnaT50Driver
18th Nov 2014, 15:31
I was a great fleet manager of Boeing 737NG's sorry didnt associate the 208 with the Caravan...there are those there mostly on floats. there was one near the Dash 6 we managed for Chevron

Just be careful that you get paid.

CessnaT50Driver
18th Nov 2014, 15:32
thats really small iron to me, just finished B777 upgrade at THY

Chocks Away
20th Nov 2014, 02:27
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: HEAD-WOBBLING FLOGGA ALERT!! :yuk::yuk:

(I concur, vfenext :ok:)

vfenext
20th Nov 2014, 03:34
So Cessna in your opinion you were a great fleet manager. Must be true so. Do THY know how good you are? Maybe they'll promote you to fleet manager 777. :ugh: