PDA

View Full Version : Renting King Air 200

MiroslavAnti87
26th Oct 2014, 19:13
Hi,

I would like to ask an expert about the rules of renting out a King Air 200 (EASA).

If a major construction company (northern Euorpe) owns a Kingair 200 to fly the ceo and other important people inside the company. Can they rent out the plane to other companies?

This company flies around 100 - 125 hours a year, the airplane is on the ground most of the time. Is there a way they can make money from the aircraft when on the ground??

Thank you
Miro:ok:

PURPLE PITOT
26th Oct 2014, 20:25
Hang on, i'll just get some popcorn!

His dudeness
26th Oct 2014, 20:52
Sure - put it on an AOC. But you won´t make money, you will just have a smaller loss if you are lucky.

x933
26th Oct 2014, 22:08
Stick it on an AOC. Best case is you'll offset the cost of ownership, worst case is you'll offset the cost of putting it on an AOC. Plus, if for whatever reason "friends of the CEO" end up using the aircraft it's a lot closer to legal (assuming the flight is operated commercially, lots of other terms and conditions, YMMV).

Or stick it on the Manx / N-Reg and hope for the best as already illuded to :E.

Must go, popcorn's ready.

Jetblu
26th Oct 2014, 23:10
You would probably save a lot of money putting it on the N reg anyway.

I think you may need 2 companies.

Construction company A
Construction plant hire company B

Interested parties wanting to fly a/c become directors and buy fractional hour shares in company B.

Company A invoices company B just for a/c (not pilot or fuel)

You need to check the legalities where you are.

Global_Global
27th Oct 2014, 08:08
save a lot of money putting it on the N reg anyway. Yep just put it on the N and fly it within Europe... Will save you a lot of money!

ps fly it a lot in France too while doing this. They love it when you operate like that :D

Miles Magister
27th Oct 2014, 11:46
MA 87

If you would like some independent advice, I do not do this professionally any more, then PM me and we can chat. I can point you in the right direction in a friendly way if you wish.

The above posts from good hard working people are all rather cynical but have some reliable fact behind them. Forgive them as they have seen many people trying to illegally hire out aircraft before which normally all ends in tears.

If you PM me I can let you know the basics in a friendly way.

Regards

MM

M-ONGO
27th Oct 2014, 13:51
If you have any spare time, there is a guy called Phil Brockwell that you could sell some cheap Kingair hours to. He likes M reg aircraft, but I think has a preference for grey aircraft. The B200 will be a nice step up from his usual CJ's.

Phil Brockwell
27th Oct 2014, 16:05
eh? M-ONGO? Assume you have me confused with someone else?

M-ONGO
27th Oct 2014, 16:15
You've always been a staunch M reg supporter, Phil!

Just a shame I can't sell empty legs on Avinode... :cool:

mrben09
27th Oct 2014, 20:52
This wouldn't spend most of its time at Southend, per chance?

long final
27th Oct 2014, 21:52
No MrBen, it wouldn't - don't skew to fit.

winkwink
28th Oct 2014, 10:06
It is legitimate to sell blocks of hours in your B200, as long as it is a "dry lease"; the party buyiing the hours must pay for fuel independently.
Also, there must be a third party arrangement for the crew, ie, the lessor may not provide crew directly.
FlightPartner in Gloucester has made a good business of selling hours on their aircraft and those of aircraft it manages. Contact them and ask to speak to Bob Burns or Calfin Roderick. They are very helpful and will give you all the advice you need.

mrben09
28th Oct 2014, 10:38
Not at all. I was asking a Q, not trying to skew anything.

pilotdreamer2
28th Oct 2014, 15:13
It is legitimate to sell blocks of hours in your B200, as long as it is a "dry lease"; the party buyiing the hours must pay for fuel independently.
Also, there must be a third party arrangement for the crew, ie, the lessor may not provide crew directly.
FlightPartner in Gloucester has made a good business of selling hours on their aircraft and those of aircraft it manages. Contact them and ask to speak to Bob Burns or Calfin Roderick. They are very helpful and will give you all the advice you need.

Winkwink is it possible to do this with a PC-12 in EASA countries as well?

winkwink
30th Oct 2014, 11:22
To the best of my knowledge, it is legal to do it with any aircraft. It is critical though that it is a "dry lease" and the person who owns the aircraft does not source the crew. I suppose they could provide a list of crew who are qualified to operate the aircraft......

trancada70
30th Oct 2014, 15:04
And what is the cost to rent a B-200 ?

winkwink
2nd Nov 2014, 04:35
I'd guess about $1000 an hour dry in the UK. Just a guess though.......

Miles Magister
2nd Nov 2014, 20:33
Although slightly out of date, when I did the sums accurately a few years ago; by the time you have rented, paid the pilots a descent rate, paid airport fees, FBO fees, eurocontrol fees, fuel, hotel bills, crew taxis, etc..... it was genuinely cheaper just to charter in the first place. This also had the benefit of keeping it all legal and keeping everyone happy. It also meant that there was no legal liability anywhere for the customer. Keep it neat and tidy out there guys.

MM