PDA

View Full Version : Wake up and don't smell the coffee

nick24
30th May 2002, 11:13
Announcement on the BA1474 flight from LHR to GLA this morning.
"We'd like to apologise to our passengers that the machine which supplies hot water is broken and therefore we won't be able to provide you with tea or coffee this morning".

Fortunately, no Airplane-style scenes of passengers losing the plot, but a timely pushback and arrival at the destination. And extra OJ to go with the cooked breakfast. Well done and thanks!

Shame I was a gibbering wreck by the time I got to work, shaking, sweating and demanding coffee from anyone who got within 50 yards... :eek:

sokoyu
30th May 2002, 12:00
I can understand the hot water machine breaking down, these things happen and probably can't be helped. But in that situation, I'd prefer not to be woken up until the plane had landed, everyone else deboarded and my luggage was on the carousel.

I just don't think I could manage to walk off a crowded plane without my usaul blood caffeine level. You have my full admiration for getting as far as work before getting your fix.

pulse1
30th May 2002, 12:39
Get off the aeroplane????? Get to the office????? Huh, you wouldn't catch me even getting on it without at least one dose of caffiene. I wouldn't trust my blood caffiene level to any airline and their fancy hot water machines. :eek: