PDA

View Full Version : airnz domestic jet-direct entry jobs?

CAUTION TERRAIN
25th Oct 2014, 09:05
hi,i see that more and more b737 are being retired from the airnz domestic fleet and then replaced by the a320.Until recently it was possible to join airnz as direct entry first officer on the domestic b737 aircraft.Does anyone know if if direct entry jobs will be available on the new only a320 domestic fleet?Does the airline provide assistance with visas as well for succesful candidates?
thank you

c100driver
25th Oct 2014, 19:02
Simple answer to both.

Entry positions are Second Officer only on B777, B787 and possibly the B767 (it is being withdrawn starting next year). With the exit of the B737 there are no DE first officer positions.

You must have the right to live and work in NZ for the application to be accepted.

cavemanzk
26th Oct 2014, 07:20
NZ doesn't have the need to employ out side of NZ, the very positions they do have come up are highly sort after.

Pastor of Muppets
26th Oct 2014, 08:50
Yes Caveman. It's OK for NZers to work in every part of the world however.....
Does that sort / sought of make sense?

On Guard
26th Oct 2014, 08:53
Supply and Demand my friend.

lilflyboy262...2
26th Oct 2014, 09:21
Pastor of muppets,

Those who have the legal right to work in New Zealand are more than welcome to apply.
Should 5000 jobs suddenly come onto the market, then I am sure that pilots from overseas would be welcomed with open arms. However, when there is only one real regional operator, and approximately 800 CPL students being produced a year... Sometimes we have to look elsewhere.

CAUTION TERRAIN
27th Oct 2014, 08:46
thank you for the answers.I learned to fly ppl and atpl next to auckland with a student visa in 2012 but then worked for a indian airline.I miss nz now and hope they will open domestic jet recruitment one day same as on the b737.The funny thing is that you must find work and then apply for a work visa.Again i thank you.

mattyj
29th Oct 2014, 09:42
AirNZ get their jet drivers from the links and the RNZAF..once in a while when the moon and Orion are ascendant in Aires they take a few out of corporate and the other jet operations in NZ..when a star, brighter than all others settles over a small town in Israel they take the best and brightest from overseas operations..usually type rated.

This happened for a brief moment about 9 months ago. Status quo has resumed..keep watching the heavens Caution Terrain, it may happen again this millennium

go123
29th Oct 2014, 20:38
Beautifully said Matty, poetry even