PDA

View Full Version : Ciaofly

highfly146
30th May 2002, 09:26
Does anyone know anything about this new start up? They are claiming a start date on 1 July operating 2 BAe-146`s.:confused:

captain ochre
30th May 2002, 11:01
see ciao-fly luton posting of buster the bear 27th May

Tiger
30th May 2002, 11:29
This new Italian airline is starting to sound more and more Debonair mark 2. If you take into account Discovery with the same livery as Debonair mark 3.
If it has anything to do with same people 2 years max!

World Traveller
30th May 2002, 13:25
Hmmm, 'the lowfare airline with the frills' it calls itself. Looking at the timetable it is a single aircraft required. Better be reliable. Free newspapers, and food from the region around Parma (implied to be free). Flying the BAe146 (though it doesn't say this on the website, lots of pictures of 757s and things, preseumably stolen from Boeing's website). Large swathes of the general information page sound copied from Ryanair (e.g. "Ciao Fly is a point to point airline..." etc, even though no sensible connections could ever be made - in the summer timetable!) Fares from Euro19......

I agree it sounds exactly like Debonair.

That said, theres a book out called 'No Frills' where in an interview with Mancessola he admits the 146 was the wrong type of aeroplane, but remains coinvinced the rest of the operation "very nearly made it".

But good luck to them anyway.

WT
<just a punter>

VIKING9
30th May 2002, 14:45
yes and if you read the last part of the document, Mr M, who is currently heading a seat manufacturing company in Italy, is quoted as saying "If I leave now now, it's to start another airline. If not, I'll fade away in the sunset".

Will Ciaofly have a big C on the tail ??

highfly146
30th May 2002, 20:54
The question I raise is, after calling them in Switzerland. I spoke to a gentleman which said that they will be operating under a UK AOC with Uk reg.
The only problem with this is if you speak to the CAA which will be issuing the AOC they have never heard from them. Not even an application.
Can anyone throw any light on this:eek:

flysr4ever
31st May 2002, 21:54
Hello,

Someone on theLow Cost Carriers Yahoo Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LowCostCarriers/) posted that Flightline will actually be operating Ciao-Fly's flights.

Jeremiah

Mary Mungo & Midge
1st Jun 2002, 19:45
Do Flightline operate ex Debonair 146's?

Tiger
1st Jun 2002, 19:49
Yes I believe 2 or 3 went to FlightLine after Debonair went bust.

jetgirl
4th Jun 2002, 21:08
Yes the three old ladies (G-DEBK/L/M) re-registered as G-DEFK etc carried on in Swissair colours until the bitter end. They then went to Aberdeen for the oil contract but are now being retired due to their VERY high cycles.

G-DEBE also went to Flightline (and was never re-registered) but is now on dry lease to Cityjet and is operating in AF colours.

Flightline have just gained another old Deb one - I think from BMI Regional and have registered it as G-FLTB. Dont know which one.

Still lots of ex-debs crews at Flightline, and after the last 6 months there I hope this is more work for them!!!!

Buster the Bear
5th Jun 2002, 19:44
Luton to Liege daily has been added!

Buster the Bear
6th Jun 2002, 18:25
You can book Luton to Beauvais from August according to the Ciao-Fly web site!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
7th Jun 2002, 12:06
Buster - you could book .... but now you can't!!!!:D

Buster the Bear
8th Jun 2002, 09:25
Too true, they were offering the flights for 19.99 each way plus tax, luckily I didn't book them then!

Buster the Bear
25th Jun 2002, 08:52
What is going on now?

The flight schedules were showing double daily Luton-Parma, with a sigle rotation to Liege, now their web site shows a single Parma and now a flight daily to Beauvais. Liege now dropped, looks like the new schedules can be operated with a single aircraft.

I wonder what will change next, first flights on july 1st!

LTN man
25th Jun 2002, 17:13
I will give them a month before they bite the dust.

VIKING9
26th Jun 2002, 17:18
as long as that ?? Who is behind this outfit anyway, surely not the Mr M from another defunct carrier, who also flew 146's....

Buster the Bear
27th Jun 2002, 20:47
Now good ole Leyton, the Buzzard bear tells me that Ciao may well be flying to another destination from Luton soon?

Percy is still on to arrive on July 1st

Ciao fly for now!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
28th Jun 2002, 11:07
Buster - Leyton is right. Monchengladbach - Luton is due to start on 19th July enabling your long lost cousin Claudia Bear to visit you!!!:D

VIKING9
28th Jun 2002, 11:10
MGL-LTN ???? Don't tell me, it leaves MGL at about 1730z....... Next will be PEG, then BCN or will it be BCN, maybe MUC !!!

cabinslave
28th Jun 2002, 18:53
Its too spookie to say the least, if these are the intended flights. Maybe someone could let me know if they are thinking of throwing LFPT in the pot of routes????? :rolleyes:

VIKING9
28th Jun 2002, 19:07
yep, it'll go off to LFPT after the yet-to-be announced CIA flight :rolleyes:

Tiger
29th Jun 2002, 08:34
Ooops

Luton-Paris back on today!

Apart from this "Milan" the route network seems to be changing as fast as I change my underwear!

No sign of MGL on the site.

Is this airline for real? Luton have details on their website now, but Ciao seems to have no direction, no advertising, and is this Debonair 2 on the way?

Baldrick's trousers
30th Jun 2002, 18:49
Heard now that they may be operating through SEN instead of LTN?. :confused:

VIKING9
1st Jul 2002, 07:47
er, it's the 1st of July today....... Can the word CIAO also mean "goodbye" ?? :rolleyes:

Tiger
1st Jul 2002, 10:35
They seem to be saying they will be using Air Jet. How many people think this one of those Flight Sim airlines? (Forgot what you call `em)

Anyone seen a Ciao-Fly plane at LTN today? :confused:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
1st Jul 2002, 11:43
An e-mail has been received at OLY1B Towers providing the first piece of concrete news about Ciaofly!!

Seems the flights are being operated by the French Airline AirJet and one of their Bae146's was sighted at London's Fourth Airport this morning. No one was available to confirm if the aircraft subsequently left and whether it was going to Liege, Beauvais, Parma or Monchengladbach!!:D :D

Hope Buster the Bear got there in plenty of time to meet Percy!

robinlance
1st Jul 2002, 12:17
Ltn web site shows arrival from Parma at 09.26 and departure to parma at 16.25 from memory. The Ciaofly web site suggests that the flight is via Beauvais but the airports site does not.

Nightrider
1st Jul 2002, 14:03
Apparently Air Jet has a contract for a longer period....wonder if CIAO will ever operate themselves...

robinlance
5th Jul 2002, 09:59
I saw the departure yesterday afternoon with an AirJet 146 using an Airjet call sign. I do not know where it was going. On the face of it the aircraft sits on the ground at Luton all day. This cannot be economical given the rate at which EZY/GO/FR use their aircraft. The timetable on Ciaofly's web site suggests there is a rotation between the morning and afternoon flights but I do not think this has happened this week.

Nightrider
5th Jul 2002, 11:37
Air Jet is facing a very stormy environment at present and welcome any work they can find, especially after the NJI aeroplane was chained in BGY last week.

As for CIAO....a start-up with hundreds of changes in schedules and destinations as well as the confusion about the type of aeroplane during the preliminary stages...what are you expecting with the first tonns of fuel burned???

Did they reply to any application yet? Did they apply for an AOC? Did they look for aeroplanes?

I guess that they are not looking to create their own airline, they may want to be a player in the field with leasing the services in...
Ever thought about that...

rentaghost
5th Jul 2002, 13:20
Its Swiss money behind this, not Italian!

Nightrider
5th Jul 2002, 19:36
Yes rentaghost...and Air Jet is a French outfit...

robinlance
1st Aug 2002, 15:47
They now seem to be using Air Meditereanee B737. The web site says flights operated by AM. What happened to the AirJet 146's?

Buster the Bear
1st Aug 2002, 21:21
Used a "Norris" ATR all this week and it sure was late quite a bit!

The bunch that took over Dusseldorf Express from Luton after Debon Bear went bust.

Europen Air Express.

So are they to operate the resurected Dusseldorf route on behalf of the 'virtual' Ciao.

Spooky, the ghost of Debon exists!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
2nd Aug 2002, 11:38
Buster - tut, tut, please get your facts right.:D

The ATR42 was not a "Norris" machine, but one owned by Avanti Air.

Buster the Bear
2nd Aug 2002, 12:50
Who?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO you are always correct.

From the Ciao site:-

Due to U.K. rules and regulations, at this moment we are not able to confirm reservations to passengers with residence in the U.K.
The home address has to be outside of the U.K.

What a brilliant idea, lets us start an airline but not allow folk to buy seats on our flights!

Dusseldorf Express has vanished from the web site as well!

robinlance
7th Aug 2002, 14:06
The Luton arrivals and departure screen has been showing FLT numbers for a week or so. Are Flightline now operating the service instead of Air Mediteranee?

Buster the Bear
7th Aug 2002, 22:05
It would appear that the airline used by Ciao changes weekly, if not daily. Do they actually carry any passengers as they cannot sell tickets to UK addresses?

FLT this week, who next?