PDA

View Full Version : What if cabin crew incapacitates? (read below)

1jz
24th Oct 2014, 10:12
What if there's Just one cabin crew ( fullfills the minimum requirement for 50 pax aircraft ) and he / she passés out. What's the plan then? And any extra procedures / briefings if only one cabin crew operates the flight?

INeedTheFull90
24th Oct 2014, 10:28
I should imagine two way contact must be made between the cabin and cockpit. If no contact is made, attempts will be made to reach the cabin. If the sole cabin crew member is incapacitated then I should imagine a diversion may be initiated. In terms of the cabin, passengers are briefed on the evacuation procedures and how to use exits so although they're on their own, there is little safety impact.

Depending on the airline there may be procedures for the PNF to secure the cabin and the incapacitated FA, however I would keep the flight deck door shut at all times, get it on the ground, then deal with the consequences. Disabling and FA could be a diversion tactic used by terrorist to get access to the cockpit.

Tray Surfer
31st Oct 2014, 18:02
As already mentioned. There are agreed time scales for two way communication between flight and cabin crew, and if one does not hear from the other, they will attempt contact. If they are not able, then there are again procedures to follow.

The flight crew would not come out looking for the cabin crew as, already mentioned, this could be some form of distraction for someone to gain access to the flight deck.