PDA

View Full Version : engagement w/o TR for newbie in China?

grummy
23rd Oct 2014, 17:39
Good evening and Kudos to all the Experienced in the audience.

Please bear with me, english isn't my mother tongue and on top of that I'm a newbie here. Have been searching extensively on the forums but didn't really found answers to my question.

Is there a realistic market in Asia (be it China, Hongkong or elsewhere) for a mature (well, actually OLD in his very late 40s) pilot with no TR?

I'm holding FAA ATP and EASA PPL FI/IR.
While working on EASA ATPL in parallel, I was considering going to Asia for some years.

My TT is +2500h, +30h twin piston, +700h instruction single but NIL Turbine time.

So is there any chance of getting employment without the precious typeratings, be it executive or airline?

I really appreciate ANY advice, thank you.

Grummy

Proline21
23rd Oct 2014, 19:26
Without sounding too negative I would say no chance I am affraid.

Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia no chance without rating and hrs on type, minimum 500.

Thailand, Philippines or Indonesia also difficult without time on type or similar (Boeing time for Airbus or vice versa).

Your age can also be a disadvantage.

Maybe the likes of Susi Air or Cebu give you a shot? Lion Air Line Training maybe?

Good luck mate!

Cheers

BAe 146-100
23rd Oct 2014, 19:30
Absolutely zero, zilch, nil chance in China, all the other places are just as difficult without rating and hours. I'd stay where you are, instructing, at least you will make some money doing that and not wasting money by going to these places.

jet-lover
26th Oct 2014, 19:33
how about for a guy in his early 30's with the following experience

850 hrs on 737NG .. current on type but last flight was 5 years ago
3300+ hrs total time
almost all of it single engine turbine

FAA atp with 737Ng rating
couple of ICAO CPL's

lion turned me down few months ago because i was not current. i just did my recurrent as part of completing my faa atp. i m hoping if they accept me this time around.

any other operator i m missing ? any info much appreciated. tnx