PDA

View Full Version : Calling all those waiting (or not) 4 BA CEP interviews!

bigjarv
21st Sep 2001, 07:00
Unfortunatly I know that all CEP interviews with BA have been "frozen". Anybody know what "frozen" means?

I was just wondering if anyone had recieved any info from any worth-while source as to what BA intends to do with those people who had made it to interviews but have now lost out? Should we wait around in case they start up again soon or should we commence trainning indapendently? R we still on their books or are they gonna lose us? Any ideas?

I think our time will come!!!!!! ;)

purple haze
21st Sep 2001, 21:54
hi

just like to know what u mean by being too late in your application, had you appiled before the freeze. at what stage was your application when the freeze happened and what has ba told u.

i rang ba today, and the guy said that we would all be recieving a phone call and letter from them informing us what the situation is at present ie app being frozen.

but to be honest , half of them dont know whats going on as theres so much confusion.

for eg, when the recruitment was frozen i phoned up on monday and the lady said everything was normal, i wasnt convinced and then i phoned another dept, and she said that due to the events in the US app were frozen, phoned the first lady again and told her and she was shocked.

the whole world knew before they did, so she talked to her manager who confirmed the bad news.

cant really blame them with the situation as it is.

Ralph Wiggum
22nd Sep 2001, 12:09
Things don't look good I am afraid. If you haven't passed FB then I think that is probably it until next time, which could be 12,24..+ months. Those over the age limit at that time, sorry... and those in the hold pool now well, there are 2 courses worth waiting at least.. so your wait will be some time also. I would go for 30 months, unless things improve significantly, Sorry to be so pessimistic but that's an educated guess.

Captain-K9
22nd Sep 2001, 12:41
Guys,Idon't want to start rhumors just passing on what i saw. I'm a 737 skipper at Gatwick with BA, and yesterday i saw a cadet (finished ATPL, turned up for base training and told to watch this space) guarding the aircraft, a job which the loaders have been doing. He said he'd been told not to get his hopes up about even finishing his base training and geting on line. Also i flew with a cadet liason pilot who had just been to Flying college to tell some new cadets that their courses would not be going ahead. They were on day two.!! I was a victim of the Gulf war, laid off for four years after doing my ATPL, and we were the first people to be called up when things picked up so keep keen, there are jobs out there. I found one in Hong Kong, but if you wanna fly.....
Good Luck in these difficlt times guys.

bigjarv
22nd Sep 2001, 23:25
Hey Purple Haze (nice name!!!)

I had applied already and had been invited to 1st round of interviews. I was supposed to be going on the 1st Oct but these ******s causing hell in USA seem to have stopped all that.

I was told that the letter that is apparently comming will say nothing but everything has stopped and watch this space. Apparently we should give it a month or 2 to let the dust settle but they suspect nothing will be happening until well after the new year. :(

Also, after 6 months we will be taken off there books. I guess it is time for plan B!!!

Good luck

M ;)