PDA

View Full Version : Phenom 300 V CJ4 Sales

Guptar
14th Oct 2014, 11:15
Looking over the last few years of GAMA shipment reports. It seems Embraer is clobbering Cessna in the sales area.

CJ4 Phenom 300
2011 48 42
2012 44 48
2013 33 60
2014 12 30 (1st 2 quarters)

At face value, both aircraft seem pretty evenly matched. What is Embraer doing right, or Cessna doing wrong. The Phenom seems to have a bigger cabin and a more European feel. The CJ4 has a phase maintenance schedule whereas the Phenom is simply an annual inspection. Is that a deal breaker for potential CJ customers.

Would love to hear comments from folks that have flown or operated both.

LGW Vulture
14th Oct 2014, 22:01
Entry level jets my friend. No-one is clobbering anyone. Make no mistake about that!

silverknapper
14th Oct 2014, 22:36
Comparing model for model doesn't tell you anything. It could be, for example, that the CJ3 took sales away from the 300. I've no idea but your simpletons view shows nothing.

However perhaps people prefer the new phenom to the rehashed CJ. Maintenance wise it's excellent. Though no where near the amount of service centres that cessna has in Europe. Though in turn they seem to be starting to vanish.

If I were a gambling man I wouldn't bet against Embraer domination in the light and mid size sector for a few years ahead.

733driver
18th Oct 2014, 10:54
My guess would be that the NetJets deliveries (US and EU) are the answer to the OPs question.

His dudeness
18th Oct 2014, 12:29
If I were a gambling man I wouldn't bet against Embraer domination in the light and mid size sector for a few years ahead.

And I would not take that bet on. Especially when one is a Cessna customer and has to realize that their support and willingness to have a relation with their clients seems to be on the decline. Instead they try to fight their longstanding sales and mx partners to promote their Citation Centers.

I certainly will do everything I can to prevent my bosses from buying another Cessna.