PDA

View Full Version : Which Way ! ???

Trislander
21st Sep 2001, 03:07
Hi there,

I am considering taking the new 'Aviation Management and Operations' foundation degree course at London Guildhall Uni, in which the second year is all ATPL ground school.

If I take this ATPL ground school at London Guildhall, does that mean that I then have to 'go modular' rather than integrated wherever I choose to complete the flying training?

I have been told that you have more chance of employment having attended an integrated course than a modular one.

I obviously would like to do the best possible. This Uni course sounds right up my street, and gives me something to fall back on in case airline recruitment is rare in the future with the current situation.

Please can someone with better knowledge than I have point me in the right direction???

Thank you very much in advance,

Tri

------------------
http://www.aurigny.com/images.gb%20/trislander.jpg
"Ayline 221 airbourne"

Sagey
21st Sep 2001, 03:24
Personally I would say that the modular route for the time being is the best route.

You can take your time obtainning the necessary parts of the license, the original outlay is not as great and you can continue working.

Recruitment isn't going to happen for the foreseable future. If it is as bad as expected, I cannot see how undertaking a modular route in the current climate, rather than the integrated route will hinder your chances of employment. It seems a sound move to me, and I am now certainly looking for employment (just left Uni, sent BA form in 2 weeks before it hit the fan), and will try and do modular route(or part of) whilst this is going on. I do not want to commit to an integrated course at the moment!!!! a) I think it will be very hard to get a loan. b) Wants the point of spending so much money, struggling to keep current with no jobs out there. The modular route allows you to take your time, and hopefully you can time it so that when the job market picks up, you can finish all the necessary parts

Sagey