PDA

View Full Version : Another Courier Mail beat-up it seems

kaz3g
12th Oct 2014, 06:21
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail (http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/virgin-plane-and-light-aircraft-in-close-call-over-gold-coast-airport/story-fnihsrf2-1227087904530)

Berealgetreal
12th Oct 2014, 06:36
Highly accurate, felt my heart pumping watching the video. Had my brother in law tell me he nearly see a mid air 5000 ft away. Adamant.:ugh:

Runaway Gun
12th Oct 2014, 06:42
"The Virgin flight then performed a loop before landing without incident behind a Qantas aircraft."

Aerobatics now?

ButFli
12th Oct 2014, 07:13
What does that video even show? The two aircraft in the red circle both came from the North (not Sydney) and seem to have a few nautical miles between them.

Also, how many "tiny Cessnas" have ADS-B?

Ultralights
12th Oct 2014, 07:49
"The Virgin flight then performed a loop before landing without incident behind a Qantas aircraft."

Aerobatics now?

i would pay a little more for that flight!

Howard Hughes
12th Oct 2014, 10:38
I would pay a little more for that flight!
Good morning Ladies and Gentleman, Captain Hoover speaking...;)

stevep64
12th Oct 2014, 11:45
That woman is a moron. She reported on a story a couple of years ago about a Metro doing a wheels up at Brisbane and called it a belly-flop landing. I commented on the story, correcting her phraseology, and she actually emailed me about it saying something along the lines of, not being an expert on aviation. So why does she always seem to be reporting on the aviation related stories around Brisbane. If she's going to do that, she could at least educate herself, if that's at all possible. :}

stevep64
12th Oct 2014, 12:08
:ugh:
I just checked her out on that 140 character social media thingy and she calls herself an aviation writer.:uhoh:

journalist currently covering aviation and travel for News Corp, mother and animal lover with the exception of monkeys. What's that quote about monkeys and typewriters?