View Full Version : Problem with Flight Tests Fresno, California

HEMS driver
11th Oct 2014, 17:56
If you have recently taken a flight test in the Fresno, California area with Mr. Bruce Kalashian you may be required to take your test again.

FAA notice (http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N_8900.274.pdf)

Darren999
22nd Oct 2014, 19:35
They seem to looking at all DPE's now. I believe there was another one over that way too in the past years, plus one on the east coast, which caused havoc...

These people will be required to re take whatever they took with the examiner..
There's going to be a few very unhappy people I guess...

Rick Hill
26th Oct 2014, 14:35
Does anyone have any idea what he is alleged to have done?

Amadis of Gaul
26th Oct 2014, 17:31
Conducted his orals in Armenian, which is decidedly uncool, because it's a very difficult language, especially for those who don't speak it.

banjodrone
9th Nov 2014, 21:23
Woah. For anyone overseas that would be soooo much hassle. I'm in Europe and the Fresno bit caught my eye because I trained in one of the schools there a few years back but never came across this guy, they had their own DPE. I haven't flown since then and being literally broke could not afford to go there, retrain and take all my checkrides again, I'd be surrendering my ticket. I really hope the hassle is minimal for anyone involved and they don't have to travel too far. And to think in Europe they have this idea that the FAA are too loose and it's all too easy to be a pilot there!

Rotorhead1026
10th Nov 2014, 02:02
I haven't flown since then and being literally broke could not afford to go there, retrain and take all my checkrides again, I'd be surrendering my ticket.

If in fact someone is in this situation don't just give up. There are contact numbers / addresses given in the notice, and very often some relief from the time limits can be given.