PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 DEC's

Póg ma thoin
11th Oct 2014, 12:02
Anyone any clues as to what the gig is for NTR DEC's - selection procedure, package, bases etc? Any overall thoughts about the working culture?

flamingmoe
12th Oct 2014, 18:53
I noticed they have a summer only option, how does this work? ie how long for, pay etc

heliusac
13th Oct 2014, 08:26
You earn 70% of wage paid over 12months. I think you work 7 straight months and 5 months off over winterThe last 70% DEC intakes were 70% wages all year, 4 months 100% roster, 6 months 50% roster and Jan/Feb off completely. 50% pay until line checked but I believe that has now changed.

Most get offered 100% contract after first year.

Dufo
13th Oct 2014, 08:43
50% pay until line checked

Do passengers also get 50% discount on these flights? Provided they are briefed about having a flight crew member on training.

Honiley
13th Oct 2014, 10:51
It hasn't changed, all new recruits endure half pay until line checked! Yep - this airline has Captains on half pay flying their aircraft! Quality!

Cliff Secord
13th Oct 2014, 10:54
50 percent discount of what? Next to bugger all compared to fares on old days? Its why pilots are paid like piece workers on part time so you can fly from a to b for a cheap sum.

jpboy
13th Oct 2014, 15:44
The issue of bean counters getting their pound of flesh is an industry concern. Line training abatement is not isolated to Jet2.

However, Jet2 have recently implemented a time limit such that if training is extended through no fault of the individual they go to full pay. I believe they are also one of the few outfits offering NTR DEC so the successful candidates will be the fortunate few.

Póg ma thoin,

Plenty of opinion on other threads if you do a search, take a balanced view.

Honiley,

Jet2 will be pleased that you continue to show such interest in your previous employer. Your sledging on the other thread might indicate unfinished business, unrequited first love or just bitter? L e t i t g o........