PDA

View Full Version : What now? Here's the list!

plainpilot11
10th Oct 2014, 05:00
Ok folks. Time to put your ideas in for the new GC as this round ball has now landed squarely in their court. Let's show them our support and what we expect now that we're back to square one.

A few of mine.

1. Pay backdated to January 1, 2013, NOT 2014. We're worth it.
2. Let's get the senior folks their raises as well, before 2017.
3. Let's get our USAB folks back on track.
4. Let's lose the HKPA from this deal.
5. Let's lose the requirement for the GC to recommend a deal at the companies whim.
6. CC? Oh yeah, we don't need to vote again. Let's get going.
7. PR? Somebody better handle this one very carefully, and quickly.

goathead
10th Oct 2014, 06:16
Add to that List
Remove SK from all future negotiation period
NN

Sam Ting Wong
10th Oct 2014, 06:47
Gents, don't be to hard on Cathay and their management. Have some mercy. They just learned they won't have to pay us more... This is not easy to digest, they surely are in shock right now.

Veruka Salt
10th Oct 2014, 07:25
I hate to break it to you Sam, but voting 'yes' to a sub-inflation payrise for backpay equivalent to less than half-a-month's housing, and indirectly validating the HKPA (the biggest threat to my financial well being) and shafting based guys by voting 'yes', was never a PAY RISE.

Glad the majority took the same view.

Sam Ting Wong
10th Oct 2014, 13:02
Let's put semantics aside, and focus on what is on the table and what is not (anymore). You might not be happy with your package ( guess what, nobody is), but that isn't the point, don't you get it?? It is about simply a raise or no raise NOW, nothing else. You can dream about more, you can fight for it, you can whinge about it, you can do whatever you like, still TODAY we decided about a pay rise or no pay rise. Insignificant raise you say? Below your dignity to accept a few peanuts percentage points thrown at you??

Are you aware of HOW MUCH money YOU just rejected??

You are what, mid-twenty?

So you are looking at another 35-40 years ahead of you ( you can dream now about retiring with 50, we all have been there one day. It won't happen).

10 % over that course, considering that pension and future pay increase are based on what you get today (or now don't get of course) ? Any idea?? What are a few percents anyway you say?

I say you voted down about 3-4 Million HKD$ more money in your pocket today.

Congrats!

Veruka Salt
10th Oct 2014, 13:13
Not really Sam.

The back pay was worth about 35K to me. According to my CoS, right now, I have approximately 10 years of Home Ownership Scheme remaining to me (based on 15 years of housing), which is a gross entitlement of a little over 7 million HKD remaining.

I'll take 7 million over 3-4 million any day.

I was never interested in the "peanuts". The elephant in the room is the HKPA.

Sam Ting Wong
10th Oct 2014, 13:27
Your argument would make sense, imho, if the vote had anything to do with housing. But it hadn't. It was just was about pay, unconditional.

I totally respect your vote, let't s keep at this. We will all see what will ( or won't) come out of it in the end.

Bo Wing
10th Oct 2014, 14:00
The truth Sam, is this deal ended up not being "only about pay". It was a sh*t offer, designed to be divisive by SK and dumped into our laps at the eleventh hour outside of the GFBA, I may add! SK must be laughing his head off because his "grenade" had the desired effect and divided us. That being said, let's hold the line now and push for something more and I honestly believe that's possible, have some faith and fortitude! :ok: