PDA

View Full Version : App for sorting study notes (alphabetically)

Boomerang
7th Oct 2014, 12:20
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good note taking app? In particular for making study/reference notes.

Ideally with an alphabetical index and search function so all those usefull bits of information can be easily found.

I have tried ABC Jotter but found it failed dismally on my iPad, deleting parts of existing notes, plus I found it a bit user unfriendly. A colleague recommended Action Notes, so keen to hear if anyone has experience with this or other similar apps. I don't mind paying of course, but for the right app.

Intruder
7th Oct 2014, 20:03
Pen and a pack of index cards?

Boomerang
8th Oct 2014, 02:10
You haven't seen my handwriting have you? But more interested in an app. We use the iPad for work and makes it cleaner, and easier to make/ammend reference notes.

mixture
8th Oct 2014, 08:36
Have you looked at any of the following software....

Mendeley
Evernote
OmniOutliner

?

Booglebox
8th Oct 2014, 12:57
OneNote of course :cool: apps available for Android / iOS, programs for PC & Mac and there's also a web version.
It has ink support, and it can OCR your handwritten notes and make them searchable.

Otherwise, as El Mix suggests, OmniOutliner.

Boomerang
8th Oct 2014, 13:16
I've had a look at those apps but not sure if they offer what I'm looking for. Some limitations in the reviews as well. I'm looking for something fairly basic. Will try Action Notes in the meantime