PDA

View Full Version : Possible Google concerns .....

FullOppositeRudder
7th Oct 2014, 07:22
Well, perhaps not; I simply don't know, but someone will...

From the latest Malwarebytes newsletter:

Crooks use Google ad network for ransomeware attack
Last week the Malwarebytes research team uncovered a large-scale malvertising attack involving Google's DoubleClick and Zedo that affected many high-profile sites. Unfortunately, another incident where DoubleClick is part of the the advertising chain has happened again. Upon our discovery we immediately notified Google so they could shut this down.

FWIW
FOR

mixture
7th Oct 2014, 08:57
Using advertising to promote dubious software is nothing new.

Using Google to do so is a little more surprising because they have stronger controls in place than most.... but nonetheless, it was a case of when, not if.

Kharon
8th Oct 2014, 19:59
Without starting a new thread, this was the closest I could find - Can someone help? – please.

I'm running Google chrome and every now and again the "Zoom" decides change and the page view becomes either too large or too small. I've tried, through the advanced settings to get my Pprune pages back the way I prefer; but no matter what I do – it ends up looking strange, font too big or small, lines missing, text too bold in places and too feint in others. Works fine for weeks – then goes U/s.

Drives me crazy – had the video card and the set checked – all good say the Tech boys.

parabellum
9th Oct 2014, 05:58
Kharon - probably not the cause for you but exact same happened to me, I have a touch-screen desktop, flies were the cause of the problem, they land on the screen and manage to change the setting! Touch-screen now switched off!

(When other weird and uncommanded things have happened to the visual it was caused by one of the 'side' buttons on the mouse sticking).