sexy beast
7th Oct 2014, 02:05
Thanks for the info

ausworld
7th Oct 2014, 03:45
Nice comment Nigel747

I get sick of all these negative comments that pertain to almost
most forums.

It was interesting about CX going to AVV.

Keep smiling folks and more positive attitude and keep up interesting posts.

Cheers

parabellum
7th Oct 2014, 04:15
Jack, if Lindsey Fox would pay for it they would be there, but for the small number of international flights that occasionally come there, (at Melbourne GP time, for example), it simply isn't worth it at the moment. As soon as an operator decides it is a viable option then they will be there.

Australia being the infrastructure & service capital of the world couldn't or wouldn't provide customs at AV.

ACMS
7th Oct 2014, 06:10
The diversion crew ran out of hours in AVV and the crew due to fly it out of MEL came down by road to the rescue, finally flew it back to MEL then were stood down for crew rest before finally operating to HK 16 hours late......

Some people have all the fun....:ok:

underfire
7th Oct 2014, 06:49
With the winds yesterday, was surprised they were even attempting, and werent diverted earlier, but I guess there is really no where to else to go...not sure why Avalon, should have been about the same conditions..

EDIT: BTW, I think the "nothing to see here, move along" is more of a ref to Star Wars than an insult.....

framer
7th Oct 2014, 07:17
What were the winds? Was it frontal or a northerly gale?

clark y
7th Oct 2014, 21:35
Immigration question. Did the crew get a customs dispo or does a couple of customs and quarantine people show up for the change of crew but not the pax?

Also be interesting if we had laws like in the US where you are only allowed to keep the pax onboard for a maximum time (4 hours I think).