PDA

View Full Version : Naples Air Center 2014

Wingover85
4th Oct 2014, 19:22
Hi everyone,
I'm currently attending NAC
I'm at the disposal of all those who want to start a career as a pilot and give you all the information and help you may need.
For all those who are already thinking wrong: YES it makes me comfortable to have more students but not for this reason I have to tell you bull****s

BigGrecian
4th Oct 2014, 20:52
I'm currently attending NAC for CFI course and ATPL course.

That's impossible.

NAC do not have approval to conduct ATPL groundschool or any EASA training! Their approval was revoked by EASA - http://easa.europa.eu/fcl-organisations-approvals

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/546037-naples-air-center.html

Wingover85
6th Oct 2014, 21:22
Here it is the first bull**** I was expecting.
Please inform yourself before writing words as IMPOSSIBLE.

EASA recently asked a huge amount of money that would ruin any flight school. The school had to make a new agreement with CAA and is currently approved for EASA training.
With this new agreement there is also the advantage that the IR convertion can be done here in USA

mad_jock
6th Oct 2014, 21:55
http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/PTO_live_activity_list_30_09_11_30%20%28approved%29.DNO_.pdf

You should maybe go and check things before giving them any more money.

If they aren't on this list any training you are doing is not valid for a EASA license.

The UK CAA has absolutely zero input into training conducted outside its national borders these days and the other EU country's are exactly the same.

So before you get to stroppy you should maybe go and find out the true facts. Because what you have stated is impossible because.

A. No EU CAA can make any agreements or provide oversight for outside EU training organisations.

B. Naples isn't on the approved list.

I'll Be Realistic
6th Oct 2014, 22:18
A fool and his money are soon parted!

Naples do not have approval to conduct training through Andrews Field Aviation in the UK. They have applied for it, but that is different. It is very unlikely they will get it....

You cannot complete the IR conversion in the USA, period.

BigGrecian
6th Oct 2014, 23:29
I am very well informed but thank you for asking - as are the general public....

The UK CAA and EASA delibertly publish lists of approved schools so that students and any other interested party can review the status of a school because there are so many schools who will and have lied to students and others.

These links are at :
FCL Organisations Approvals | EASA (http://easa.europa.eu/fcl-organisations-approvals)
Standards Document 31: Organisations Conducting Approved Courses of Flight and Ground Training | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=2854)

Naples Air Centre or the location of Naples Air Field as a satellite for any school, does not appear on any of these lists.
The UK CAA state, if you call them that Naples is not approved - pick up the phone and call EASA or the UK CAA.

EASA recently asked a huge amount of money that would ruin any flight school

Oh really - how come other 12 schools on the list are coping just fine?

It is very easy to be suckered in whilst at a school by their marketing and promises. You have been warned.

CrabbitOldBugger
9th Oct 2014, 10:38
http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/PTO_live_activity_list_30_09_11_30%20%28restricted%20%26%20i nvalid%29.DNO_.pdf

50North
17th Oct 2014, 09:59
Wingover old chap, you really need to keep up with the times if you are going to post on here, and please make sure your facts are correct before you post, they are extremely misleading.
EASA did not ask for a huge amount of money, all of the schools that are based outside of the European Union were invoiced 39.000 Euros for each approval that they held. Because NAC had two approvals, their choice (one for ground school and one for the flight line) they were invoiced 78.000 Euros. As mentioned above, as they come under direct control of EASA and not the UK CAA, it is IMPOSSIBLE to make an agreement with the UK CAA.
There is no such agreement in the world that exists that allows you to do a IR skills test outside of European Airspace. Yes you can do some training, but no testing.As other poster have already said, NAC is not EASA approved, nor are they approved as a satellite from any UK school, so any ground and flight training that is taking place is non approved training, and as such would not be acceptable to the UK authorities.
EASA is aware of NAC and what they are trying to do, and any past or present student would be well advised to contact EASA before spending any copious amounts of money.

chrisbl
18th Oct 2014, 11:58
They are still passing themselves off as an EASA approved flight school.

Wingover85
25th Oct 2014, 22:00
ok ok ok thanks for the information and warning. I'll put the question on stand by until my session of exams in January 2015 at Orlando.

mad_jock
26th Oct 2014, 11:27
mate you better sort it out now.

If you don't you will have to completely redo the course again to get a sign off to sit the exams by the HOT of which ever organisation you go to next.

This isn't rubbish the guys are telling you here.

I can see at least two posters that are HOT themselves and there are a few others myself included that have over ten years experience in the training industry.

You are screwed if you don't get things sorted now.

zondaracer
26th Oct 2014, 17:26
Wing over, listen to what others are saying. If you take the exams in January under the guise of Naples Air Center, they won't count and you won't get your money back. You better cut your losses now and demand your money back. You will have to redo your exams and the course over again.

You better start working to get your money back now. They are a first class piece of work and will do everything to prevent giving you a refund.

Flyboy_Josh
28th Oct 2014, 21:35
Spoke with Bristol Groundschool and Andrews field aviation and both confirmed the school was affiliated with them

Wingover85
11th Mar 2015, 17:48
Guys you were right. I'm getting out from this :mad:

MCDU2
13th Mar 2015, 21:13
I fly each week into the US. Flight schools are a dime a dozen and any joe soap US citizen that I speak to wouldn't look at aviation as a career as they make more money flopping burgers. Schools such as the aforementioned made tidy profits from selling what was effectively a "US" product at an inflated price to Europeans. In years gone by the exchange rates made this product extremely attractive. Add in cheaper petrol, nice weather and a general absence of landing fees and it was a win win for the student.

Given that analysts are now predicting exchange rate parity and worse in the next 12 months the screws will be turned so the EASA fees could well be the beginning of the end for some of these schools.