PDA

View Full Version : Mobile deals

Frogman1484
4th Oct 2014, 10:20
Ok I know this is not about flying!!!

I'm looking to change mobile network after many years with 3HK.

When I look at the different deals out there, I would swear that they are all on cohorts with each other. All of a sudden all of the contracts are just about the same.

No more unlimited data.
only 1GB or 2.5 GB or more plans
same amount of pre-payment etc

1010's corporate offer is more expensive than their normal offer, so they are a waste of time.

The only one that is cheaper and offers more data is China Mobile.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Customer service and coverage?

ACMS
4th Oct 2014, 15:00
So the CX corp deal at around $118/month unlimited 4G data and 1,000 mins of calls is bad?

Would you like them to pay you?

Use your current phone and only get the SIM card offer.....

You should see how much we pay in Oz for only 2.5 GB a month.....

Reality check needed

otis cornbread
4th Oct 2014, 15:22
I applied for the 1010 corporate sim only deal about 2 months ago. Received and automated reply and that was it, never heard from them again. Sent multiple emails but never got a reply. So if you can get it, I think it is a good deal.

freightdog188
4th Oct 2014, 16:21
the "unlimited data" deals are a cheat though - you only have 5 GB high speed data and then "your priority for network access will be lowered" means you'll be lucky if you get 56k modem speeds ...
but hey, you can download unlimited and anything you want at 56k :(

Frogman1484
4th Oct 2014, 21:46
The 1010 deal I'm looking at dated Sep 2014.

$467 for 5GB data. ($20 rebate)

Just data is $207 p/m for 1 GB $247 for 2GB

I don't think it includes a phone.

Cr@p deal to be honest.

ACMS
5th Oct 2014, 03:10
I've never had download speed reductions applied on my plan, and I spend a fair time using Skype and FaceTime. I get up to 30 mb/s data speeds and it works ok 99% of the time all over HK.

Frogman----You are looking at the plans that include a phone, look at "offer 2, the Sim only staff package" plans.

$118 month for unlimited 4G ( fair use data policy does apply ) and 500+500 mins. Works well.

Otis----If you sent an email and have had no reply then may I suggest a phone call to them on the number they provide on the intraCx page and on the application form....:D

I recommend the 1010 corp plan we have, it works well.

sizematters
5th Oct 2014, 06:08
if you want to get mobile probably the best deal is from ford at the moment

the new fiesta is a very good deal.................but hey, there is always public transport !!!