PDA

View Full Version : Meydan Villas: Expression of interest

RoyalEnfield
28th Sep 2014, 12:01
Well this is interesting...

Due to high demand there is a currently a shortage of company provided apartments for new joiner Pilots. To address this shortage we are proposing to provide existing First Officers and Senior Management employees who are married and whose spouse is resident in Dubai, with the option of moving to a company villa at Meydan Heights. This is a one off, discretionary offer, not a change in accommodation policy provision.

Eau de Boeing
28th Sep 2014, 12:10
Where did this come from?

ChillinInTheDesert
28th Sep 2014, 12:23
Wouldn't those existing FO's and Senior Management already be in villas? Or is this for those who have taken the allowance and now being allowed back into company accomm?

Or am I missing something here?

Wizofoz
28th Sep 2014, 12:25
It would be for FOs who don't have children and aren't normally eligible for a villa

ChillinInTheDesert
28th Sep 2014, 12:28
Thanks Wizofoz, didn't think of that. Blown away by that.

ManaAdaSystem
28th Sep 2014, 12:30
Goodie, the fourth Meydan thread in the ME forum.

RoyalEnfield
28th Sep 2014, 12:30
Eau:

They sent the email out this afternoon.

ChillinInTheDesert
28th Sep 2014, 12:43
Manaadasystem, Well its better than the numerous threads moaning about the company. Would you not agree housing is a very important subject?

Wizofoz
28th Sep 2014, 12:55
Plays into the story that they have 500 cells and desperately need prisoners!!!!

ManaAdaSystem
28th Sep 2014, 13:01
I can do like you guys, start a thread and just assume everybody knows who I work for. My airline is very important you know.
I will then start a new thread every time somebody sends out a memo. If the memo is about a prevously discussed topic, I will start a new thread anyway.

Come on guys, just a little bit of efford would make the ME forum a better place to be. It's not all about EK.

Tight Seat
28th Sep 2014, 13:16
ManaAdaSystem,

Why not put a little less 'efford' into blundering into different topics and threads all over Pprune to contribute precisely zip.

I agree that this forum isn't just about EK, likewise just because the topic might not be of interest to you it may be of importance to others. So please, don't view the topic and comment if it's not relavent to you as an individual. Walk on. Thank you.

ManaAdaSystem
28th Sep 2014, 13:19
I will, provided you lot manage to put EK in the thread title.

Thank you.

montencee
28th Sep 2014, 13:23
It's not all about EK.

It is what it is and in fact mostly it is about EK.

SubsonicMortal
28th Sep 2014, 14:42
Can anyone confirm when this email was sent and from who? It might not have been addressed to all FO's. I've opted out of company accommodation 3 years ago and have been trying to move back in. I'm wondering if it was only addressed to some.

Xulu
28th Sep 2014, 14:52
The entire point is to free up company apartments, not upgrade FO's outside the system.

donpizmeov
28th Sep 2014, 15:06
MAS,

Since you are not allowed to write about your company, I don't see how you can be so confused all the time.

The don

sluggums
28th Sep 2014, 15:44
Just put the idiot on your ignore list. Works a charm for me...

RoyalEnfield
28th Sep 2014, 16:09
Subsonic, the email came out this afternoon from Accommodation and it does seem it was sent to selected individuals. They wanted us to acknowledge receipt of said email.

Mister Warning
28th Sep 2014, 16:25
Do not block ManaInaCistern - there's few enough things to giggle about these days!

ManaAdaSystem
28th Sep 2014, 16:38
Don, I don't think the confusion is on my side of the fence.

You have my sympathy:

More work for less pay.
No bonus.
Gone from being the first choice to one of the last.
Soon forced to move to Meydan cancer cluster.
Nowhere to run.
Soon to be picked up by minivan.
Bullied by every little manager in the company and only one choice. Bend over.

No wonder you are running around like headless chicken BUT

It is not my fault. So don't be angry at me.

glofish
28th Sep 2014, 17:33
Mana, you desperately need some WhiteKnightgoggles :ugh:

halas
28th Sep 2014, 19:35
Thankyou Mam-Sir

halas

The Outlaw
28th Sep 2014, 19:47
Must say Mana summed it up quite nicely though...

donpizmeov
29th Sep 2014, 02:10
MAS,

If you are referring to EK, could you put it somewhere in your post?:}

The don

Wizofoz
29th Sep 2014, 03:17
Is there some other airline with accommodation at Meydan?

ManaAdaSystem
29th Sep 2014, 03:24
Why do you assume that the whole world knows what/where Meydan is?
And four threads on the same subject???

vfenext
29th Sep 2014, 06:01
I'm thinking Meydan is like a lot of developments in that it will take a few years to mature. Give it a couple of years and there'll be a queue of guys to in there.

QCM
29th Sep 2014, 14:59
There is already a queue..... for the lower level loo as all blocked upstairs:sad:

Eau de Boeing
29th Sep 2014, 17:26
And that will mean a salary deduction for putting paper down it......

Outatowner
8th Oct 2014, 06:05
Goodie, the fourth Meydan thread in the ME forum.

Four meydan threads in the forum and you STILL have to open it to find out who it's about??? Even my dog is smarter than that.

Where do you fly, maybe he should apply for a job there. You can be his FO - you feed him and he'll bite you whenever you think about touching anything.

He has many hours, MAS, and has never crashed, vanished or been shot down yet.

ManaAdaSystem
8th Oct 2014, 14:49
Judging from your posts on this forum, you could send your dog to do your own job, and everybody would be happy.

Seriously, are you an EK pilot???

QCM
10th Oct 2014, 04:05
Outatowner,you are overreacting! Avoid dog fight...and don't suppose being s/o's F/O means being stupid...

http://us.123rf.com/450wm/damedeeso/damedeeso1307/damedeeso130700045/21086297-pilote-chien-de-capitaine-avec-les-doigts-de-la-paix-et-une-cravate-bleu.jpg

fliion
10th Oct 2014, 09:01
I think it's hilarious that this Mana dude gets irritated at no mention of EK in thread lead...

....guaranteed to lead to every thread omitting !

I mean do you really think we give a chit

f.