PDA

View Full Version : Samsung galaxt 3 Tab

SPIT
27th Sep 2014, 18:57
Hi
My wife has a Tab (mentioned above) and she wants to use Kindle Books.
Can you use this tab for this as when she got it (new) it had no INSTRUCTIONS ??:confused::confused:

mixture
27th Sep 2014, 19:19
Did you look on whatever Android calls their "App Store", Google Play I think its called ? Kindle app will be on there...

jimtherev
27th Sep 2014, 21:44
... and you certainly can download the full user manual from their site.

Espada III
27th Sep 2014, 22:34
Writing this on a galaxy tab 3 and I have kindle on it. Look in Google play.

Loose rivets
28th Sep 2014, 10:40
On a laptop/PC, Kindle for PC is free and very clear - rather like reading a pdf file. Is there any similar app for an Android device?

An aside: I can't put it to the test on my Motorola Cliq XT as the OS is just about the first Android offering and woefully slow. Indeed, I still haven't got past an old Google password and there seems to be no way to declare "Forgotten you Password?" Even a full phone reset takes me back to that question.:ugh: I still have it as it's such a good phone and takes my American sim.

KBPsen
28th Sep 2014, 10:59
Is there any similar app for an Android device?That is what this thread is about and what the posts preceding yours answers.

Anyway, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.kindle

Loose rivets
28th Sep 2014, 17:30
I assume the above makes the phone work as near to a Kindle as possible. What I'm asking is, is there an app that makes the phone work in the style of Kindle for PC. I much prefer the latter - for the reason stated above.

Obviously there is a limit to how one can emulate a pdf style reader on a small screen.

KBPsen
28th Sep 2014, 18:02
I really don't know what it is you are asking for. It's an e-book reader whether on PC, tablet or phone. I trust you are aware of the e-book format.

Screen size only limits the amount of text that can be displayed and still be readable, not what can be 'emulated'. If it's screen size that's important then stick to the PC.

Avtrician
28th Sep 2014, 23:05
Kindle for Android works very much like Kindle for PC.There are some minor differences. I have it on my Note3, Note 10.1 as well as the PC version.

Its very easy to operate, and the text is crystal clear.

Loose rivets
28th Sep 2014, 23:51
Thanks, Avtrician, that's good to know. I guess there's only one way to know if it's a real working tool, and that's to buy one of the new larger screen phones and install the app. Without question, I found Kindle for PC on a 21" screen very relaxing and the manipulation of text/word-count every bit as good as Adobe reader.

One of our illustrious members kindly did part of the proof reading of my book while in transit, so Kindle reader or phone, what he really proved is a good eye is the important factor and can be done with the smaller devices when the operator has the skill.

Avtrician
29th Sep 2014, 01:55
I was surprised when I tried the reader the first time on the Note3(ok, its not exactly a small device) . It was very comfortably readable, of course being able to resize the text makes things easier.

Forgot to mention, that the books sync across all devices. So that means you can read on the puter at home, and pick up where you left off on the phone/tablet while commuting. Of course, syncing wont work while flying cos we all go to plane mode dont we