PDA

View Full Version : TRE's quitting?

puff m'call
26th Sep 2014, 12:06
I hear all's not well in the training department with TRE's bailing out left, right and centre because of pi$$ poor rosters and life style.

You would think EK would try and protect those kind of assets, guess it's the same everywhere now, rather that fix the problem just let them leave:ugh:

Outatowner
26th Sep 2014, 14:27
Sounds like a broken record. No sympathy here, the company has been screwing the training dept on and off for years (same with every other dept) and yet they hang in there, true believers or whatever their motivation...

Not sure how long you've been here Puff but there's a long history of this sort of thing. Does "Alteon" ring a bell? Plenty more before that too and yet people keep putting up their hands. If TREs (and presumably TRIs) truly are quitting in droves which I doubt then there's a fresh crop of wannabes waiting in the wings to undercut them, same as always.

GoreTex
26th Sep 2014, 20:14
the TRE's still have the best lifestyle, I request every month the same destination and we have 3 flights a day there, in 14 month I got it once, that means out of 1200 flights I got one, with a seniority of 16 years, guess what the TRE's take them all

harry the cod
26th Sep 2014, 23:21
GoreTex

I thought we flew to Lagos only twice daily, when did the third rotation start? ;)

Harry

Payscale
27th Sep 2014, 04:11
Is this TRE exodus on the Boeing or Airbus?

Kamelchaser
27th Sep 2014, 06:13
Goretex I think you may be exaggerating just a tad.

A quick look at a random selection of 11 TRE rosters (777) showed an average of 1.2 layovers a month for Sept. Given there's about 50 TREs on the 777, that makes a total of about 60 layovers a month for TREs across the total 777 network.

Given the one destination your mentioned (which I assume is 777?) has 90 layovers a month alone, I'm not sure how TREs can possibly fill all of them to deny you your roster bid?

Payscale..in answer to your question about which fleet has a TRE issue...I understand the current 777 TRE course of 8 won't even cover the number of 777 TREs who have resigned in the past few weeks.