PDA

View Full Version : DSO move to Meydan starting....?

captainsmiffy
25th Sep 2014, 14:45
My neighbour in DSO has just been given their marching orders to Meydan...is this starting across the board? They havent requested it and they dont want it.

ChillinInTheDesert
25th Sep 2014, 14:56
From Cedre or Semmer?

captainsmiffy
25th Sep 2014, 15:01
Semmer....

Mr Good Cat
25th Sep 2014, 15:34
Just goes to show, you can't believe everything you see and hear from colleagues.

A friend who had spoken to the SVP of accommodation was told that a new 5 year lease was signed on Semmer.

Unless he meant Cedre, or only certain units in Semmer.

Sad but inevitable for all of us pilots.... especially since they announced the Pilots Village to be built as the next phase with another 1500 villas round the corner.

ChillinInTheDesert
25th Sep 2014, 15:37
I thought they had filled the avail Meydan villas. I heard the next batch was not avail until the new year?

captainsmiffy
25th Sep 2014, 15:48
Their move is scheduled for early next year.....

ChillinInTheDesert
25th Sep 2014, 15:50
Thanks for the heads up, we know many families in Semmer. They will not be happy.

SOPS
25th Sep 2014, 15:54
If it's true..time to leave trigger has just gone off

vfenext
25th Sep 2014, 15:56
If its true watch the rent/price of housing go up.

Capn Rex Havoc
25th Sep 2014, 15:57
captainsmiffy - How senior is your friend in the company? Were there any extenuating circumstances that made the company move him?
A bit worrying if this is true.
At a ground school wash-up in Jun, the HR lady said there were no plans to move from Semmer into Meydan.

montencee
25th Sep 2014, 15:59
A friend who had spoken to the SVP of accommodation was told that a new 5 year lease was signed on Semmer.

So maybe a manager who is being turfed out of his Jumeirah villa has turned his nose up at Meydan but has settled for DSO Semmer...

captainsmiffy
25th Sep 2014, 16:21
Think that I was at that june wash up.....so quite surprised to hear this. The neighbour is not a pilot and am not sure of how long they have been here. But it is NOT a rumour....

littlejet
25th Sep 2014, 17:45
give it a year or two. The oversupply and maybe a good 'ole recession will put things back in place. The rents will be reasonable and EPC members again wanted in clubs and bars...

ChillinInTheDesert
26th Sep 2014, 08:12
Anyone else heard of families from DSO being given their notice to move to Meydan?

Wizofoz
26th Sep 2014, 11:18
Pure rumour, but I heard the Tim Clark went to inspect Meydan and went ape-s####. He had signed off on the development, but what eventuated was nothing like what he was originally shown.

That's why phase two will be duplexes with much more space, but it still leaves EK with 500 odd prison cells to fill.

I suspect they are moving non-pilots of a slightly lower grade in, making room at DSO for pilots who are entitled to a villa.

Outatowner
26th Sep 2014, 14:33
Sounds like the wives have been on the gin again, standing out on the street watching the maids, nattering and cooking up rumours. Ignore.

captainsmiffy
26th Sep 2014, 19:22
Outatowner......not rumour, but fact.....in this one instance, at least. Cant comment on anymore moves.

ChillinInTheDesert
27th Sep 2014, 04:31
Meaning you don't know of any more moves? Or just cannot say at this time?

captainsmiffy
27th Sep 2014, 05:19
Meaning that I know of this one forced move only.....as I asked in my first post, is this the start of a big move? They do not wish to go whatsoever. It is not rumour, as you implied, but fact.

captainsmiffy
27th Sep 2014, 05:23
Sorry, chillin.....it wasnt you that implied that these were rumours, it was outatowner. My mistake.

ChillinInTheDesert
27th Sep 2014, 05:27
;) Captainsmiffy