PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Airline Voice Recorder Audits

rollingscissors
24th Sep 2014, 04:15
You should know:

Just when you thought the QAR downloads and penalties were the 400 kilogram gorilla in your Chinese airline cockpit, a new measure is implemented: voice recorder reviews of routine flights.

How many of you are willing to let every flight you make be a line check? How many of you are willing to work in an office effectively "bugged" since the company / CAAC can pull the tapes from your routine flight and evaluate your work?

If you are unwilling to accept retroactive line checks via CVR, forget about erasing the recording after you have parked and set the brake. The red "erase" button can be (and probably is) deactivated at your company.

Ask your Chinese copilots, and some will tell you the truth. Others will probably deny it to protect themselves...

vfenext
24th Sep 2014, 06:00
Isn't this something that can happen at any airline? You look like you're making a second career for yourself by posting negative info about lots of Chinese airlines. Someone with an axe to grind can't be trusted to tell the truth.

captjns
24th Sep 2014, 18:57
Always made it a habit not to talk about company politics, or management for that matter. Follow SOPs. Every flight will be a non-event event.

kwaiyai
26th Sep 2014, 08:26
Good advice Capt and frankly if you have issues just plan to leave as soon as. My last Company I felt the knife was waiting, Maybe that was right or maybe I am getting Paranoid either way I made the plan and looked for the door. I personally cant be bothered anymore to let the stress get to me.