PDA

View Full Version : CX keeps on keeping on...

monster330
19th Sep 2014, 04:31
From the DFO

"This agreement is the result of nine months of hard work by both Negotiating Committees..."

Hard work?? And then an 11th hour embarassment shoved down the throats of NC, who are then FORCED to recommend it. Someone mentioned a banana republic the other day.

That is well and truly CX here. VOTE NO!

"This pay deal achieves the right balance between rewarding our Flight Crew appropriately and ensuring the Company remains well positioned in the challenging environment in which we operate."

This crap offer is the right balance that CX sees your worth as. Rewarding??

Challenging environment?? Not so challenging that all other staff receive a CPI increase against our 0% last year.

Some of our brothers/sisters are getting 1%. Rewarding??

Rewarding what Dick?

VOTE NO!!

cxorcist
19th Sep 2014, 05:33
That's sums it up perfectly. Thx Monster!

Shep69
19th Sep 2014, 20:32
Very well said and thanks !

Looks like someone had 9 months to craft a joker up their sleeve.

It's simply propaganda to attempt to push and sell and indefensible package and violation of procedure. Obviously a well prepared and crafted "offer" whose purpose was solely to bribe, divide, and disorganize the membership into factions was presented at a carefully thought out time as to short circuit the bargaining process and get 51% of the votes across the finish line to the chagrin of all. As well as to forestall CC which was seen as inevitable (and probably still is). Unfortunately the NC and GC fell for it and DID present it and we now have a TA (I DO object to the term and its connotations btw).

And it's too bad we now face our OWN propaganda from within. It'd be sad if intelligent folks can be bribed this cheaply.

In a way, my hat's off to the deviousness of the adversaries who launched this torpedo. Hope we don't fall for it. And can now recognize future shots and take evasive action before they hit our hull by refusing consideration. It HAS been somewhat effective as a preemptive strike amongst the weak minded who choose to wear blinders in rationalization to self--and there are even those amongst the ranks actively trying to sell it.

Can't wait to vote NO--too bad there's not a "HELL NO" button.

Soul planet
19th Sep 2014, 23:22
And where does the money now go to? Investing in new photography branding. :D

We are currently in the process of enhancing and refreshing our brand over the coming months. The gallery here represents a snapshot of our new photography style. With this new style, we have employed a consistently natural lens, capturing more candid and real moments, which better reflect our passenger and employee experience. The photography style is guided by the new Brand Design Ethos, which has been created to help shape our products and services to deliver a consistent brand experience. quoted cxworld

Lmao, what is more candid and real moments? Real moments of negotiation at the desk? From the very beginning, i have always believed that the cx branding is never memorable. Humble opinion. Many people have no idea what this airline is unless you have lived in and been to hong kong. The first impression? Char Siew Rice! Yes, that is what comes to mind if i think of the branding of this airline. With all the fanfares, it doesnt feel like a luxurious liner. Previous campaigns trying to emphasize whatever people they make an airline slogan, never memorable and before you know it, the department changed the name to PEOPLE. If anything, the people and service of cx is the last thing that pops into my mind. So much money into investing in creating a brand at the footsteps of Singapore Airlines, where they have an iconic Singapore Girl (taking decades of reputation to build) cannot be recreated by simply emphasizing PEOPLE dept here and there with over exaggerated photoshopped movie posters. Sorry there is no classic Hong kong girl. Unless You mean typical Kong Woman.

Take a look at Emirates and Singapore Airlines. The branding is so effortless and i reckon they never set up a PEOPLE section at the office. What comes to mind? Pretty blonde with a big smile in a red hat... Exotic South East Asian beauty in a classic uniform at your service. But when most people I talk to about Cafe Airways, char siew rice in Hong Kong and how disorganized the branding and team of crew look. Everyone is going on each others back on social media, complaining about the company, complaining about the passengers. Investing more money in photography and branding.... Why not into payrise? Thank you.

monster330
20th Sep 2014, 02:39
But there is a typical Kong woman.

Just take a look at the jaded BC/FP service and conversation.

There's your Hongky

cxorcist
20th Sep 2014, 03:16
"Why not into payrise? Thank you."

... because it is obvious from the status quo that we will keep doing the job for the same wage we make now. It appears the inflation lagging pay offer is not enough reason to enter CC. Perhaps the company has even over paid.

Soul planet
20th Sep 2014, 05:03
Natural lens photography technique branding? Sorry never worked and never will. First, movie poster technique - along side hong kong tutor kings and queens who have their faces blown up and hanged around Mong Kok. I usually spend more time shaking my head than immensing myself in such superficial advertising. Just like our blockbuster posters at busstops and most importantly kitty city, i wonder how many people actually pay attention. Maybe we truly are just a step up from Air Asia style. Please consider stop wasting money. Thank you.

Example from what i read, Singapore Airlines flight attendants are not allowed to take public transportation while in uniform and have strict rules about posting pics in social media. That is what adds on to the mystery and exoticness about that SIA brand. Or Korean Air, every single crew has the exact same hairstyle and makeup and italian designed chic uniform. This is what i call professionalism and an united brand. Similarly Virgin, stylish unified. You dont make a fool out of yourself by cussing and gossiping in cantonese around town in kitty costume or openly bash about your company on social media. It takes whatever years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it. I reckon the valued PEOPLE themselves are the ones who crush the brand constantly. You cannot brand something that doesnt exist. No flasmob is going to save it.

What has higher returns? New branding or new pay rise? just a curious opinion. :hmm:

Soul planet
20th Sep 2014, 06:53
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/rachelokh/charsiufan.jpg

Me want pay rise
More money = More char siew!

OK4Wire
20th Sep 2014, 08:07
Me want a roster with more than 9 Gs (again...........)

Defensive rostering? Won't be able to any worse.

And a pay rise.

The FUB
20th Sep 2014, 10:21
I was going to vote YES, but having read the words from the DFO I will be voting NO.

I think that he is so thick that he actually believes what he writes. CC until we receive 4.5/4.5/4.5 back dated till the last pay agreement finished.

How will the airline expand with so many fights cnx?

Progress Wanchai
20th Sep 2014, 10:23
Do you honestly not think Cathay would like to have total control like SQ do??

Thankfully we do not live in a police state (yet).

I take my crappy hat off to the fact I can do what I like, when I like, however I like despite the old boys frowns.

The days of pax buying tickets based on an airline's profile or image finished in the 70's. Before most of us were born. It's now cost and convenience. The rest is makeup on a pig.

Soul planet
20th Sep 2014, 13:07
http://www.dprkcool.com/catalog/E23.jpg

My inspiration. "I Can Fly" poster, sure attract dozens more kids to join.

VR-HFX
20th Sep 2014, 13:45
Just a little reminder why the company doesn't take on the cabin staff the way they take on the AOA....just think what would have happened if we had Becky and they had John!

Photos: Boeing 747-4... Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cathay-Pacific-Airways/Boeing-747-4.../0028554/L/&sid=0b49ebc295affeac4698ac5f05a5673e)

Yeager
20th Sep 2014, 13:55
I miss my Cathay Pathetic hat so much... :p I miss the smiling, happy hello-kitty cabin crew so much.. I miss the shirt down in the pants, all the way, G&T (commonly know as T&C) captains so much (brilliant lot, out f@cking standing bunch of astronauts).. OMFG - It's definitely the worlds most admired airline.. :ok: Great leaders as well - stand up guys.. :D CONGRATS ON THE PAYRISE YOU ALL DESERVED :ok:

Soul planet
21st Sep 2014, 02:52
http://www.knowleskreative.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lipstick-pig-illustration.jpg

Calm down ladies and gentlemen :=

LongTimeInCX
21st Sep 2014, 07:26
http://1pumplane.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/polish_a_turd_postcard.jpg

....any kiwi's want a 1% sprinkle?

Soul planet
21st Sep 2014, 14:22
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/5/2/3/0/2/3/ugly-84388837599.png

Yes mate! Thanks for choosing Cafe Pearseefy Airways! Hope to see you again mate!

goathead
21st Sep 2014, 14:29
Longtime
Problem is that there are too many imbeciles in the ranks too see what this deal is and don't get it
Probably never ever will get it
Never ever have got it to begin with
Please baby Jesus I will be wrong........