PDA

View Full Version : Eaglejet International ATR42/72 LT program in Oct 2014

DieFade
18th Sep 2014, 03:22
Dear fellow Aviators,

It is about 40k usd for 1250 hours in ATR in south east asia, with airline unknown, I would like to know if it is a scam or not?
I have heard eagle jet with ameriflight is not a scam, but would like to know if this one a scam or not.
That is all about it, once again just wanna gain some knowledge if it is true or a scam, not to discuss the moral meaning behind it.

At first plan to rent a cessna to build hours, but someone told me this may be better or may be not.
I am struggling whether to join or not, I havent paid anything yet. I know a lot of guys are against it, but my case here is either to join and risk this last investment, or just give up the idea of fly for a living.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Happy Flying.

G.S. Willy
18th Sep 2014, 04:42
" or just give up the idea of fly for a living. "

Flying for a living?
You're talking about paying 40k, to work for two years.
That's not flying for a living.

After you finish, you will be kicked out to make room for another sucker.

Spending the 40k on women and beer is a much better investment, you seem to have the money to spend anyway.

captjns
18th Sep 2014, 05:40
With the likes of individuals such as DieFade, one actually why the bar keeps on getting lowered:ugh:?

Shame on these potential and current P2Fers.:=:mad::=

itsbrokenagain
18th Sep 2014, 06:50
USD40 000 and 2 years... wow that could be a lot of fun in Thailand... of course I wouldnt be spending money on flying......:ok:, by my calculation thats enough for 2 times a day ...oh never mind....

Global Aviator
18th Sep 2014, 07:28
Ahh the ole first job trick.

It ain't easy that's for sure, terms and conditions definitely stagnating.

Just think long and hard before you make a decision.

There are jobs out there if your really really want one.

Pack a toothbrush and a backpack and off ya go. $40,000 is a hell of a lot of travel to places with a bustling GA industry.

Start in SE Asia, why not try Susi Air enough written on here about them. Seen the odd piston job in the Philipines advertised.

Then off through wherever your research finds you. Over to Africa that's a big place... With lotsa little aeroplanes.

It's really about attitude and right place right time. Can't changed ya attitude but ya can certainly put yourself in the right place.

At the end of it what an adventure and the flying you will do you will look back on for life as the best ever.

Now if you can find a right hand seat job in a turbo prop or jet that pays from day one, well go for it, there out there to somewhere.

pilotchute
18th Sep 2014, 08:25
People,

Asia is a closed shop for first jobs. Susi don't do walk in interviews and other small operators already have piles of CV's. Philippines GA is also a closed shop to foreigners. Unless you have some Twin Otter, Caravan, PAC 750 or similar experience with at least 1000 hours TT.

Africa is about the only place left that will hire a 300 hour guy fresh from flight school. These jobs are very difficult to get now too.

DieFade,

The Ameriflight hours don't count in most countries. They fly beech 99's and 1900's and I don't think they carry a co pilot normally. You will just be warming a seat.

P2F pays off for less than 40% of people who do it. Be careful.

too_much
18th Sep 2014, 09:25
Don't do it!! You will regret it & it will end up costing a lot more than 40k in the bigger picture, don't forget in 2 years that's 4 OPC checks costing a couple of grand per time! + cost of living etc

Honestly I have 4,500 hours and over 500 PIC B737 my jet time is well over 2,000 hrs, I don't have any history or red flags on my C.V e.g P2F company etc

I am sending C.V everywhere, knocking on doors etc as I write this I am in Indo trying to secure anything! And I still can't even get interviews!! Just an interview hard right now! No joke son!!

DieFade
18th Sep 2014, 12:50
Thank you Global aviator, pilotchute and too_much for your advice.
I think I might not go. Seems too risky.

eaglesnest1972
18th Sep 2014, 13:17
Too much are u serious?
There is plenty of 73 job offers out there.
You kidding or what?
I dont comment the p2f thing...on the atr?
Omg...

Global Aviator
18th Sep 2014, 15:21
Never give up and you are in front of the guy before you who just have up.

Yep your told here it's going to be hard, but if you want it you WILL get it through attitude, determination and grit.

Might be slim pickings but someone has to take the lucky breaks and right place right time, true?

smiling monkey
18th Sep 2014, 23:33
Thank you Global aviator, pilotchute and too_much for your advice.
I think I might not go. Seems too risky.

Too risky because it might be a scam? Or too risky because as a pay-to-fly, you will forever have this mark on your resume? :rolleyes: I know of at least 2 DFOs who would never accept any P2Fs applicants on principle. He did it the hard way to get to where he is, as DFO and head of training and checking. He didn't pay to get there. :rolleyes:

migair54
19th Sep 2014, 18:14
You canīt get a job without paying because many guys like you had paid before, I know guys that flew in Lion air for 1-2 years without getting salary, then 40.000 USD+cost of living+tickets home when on holidays+more and more... it will be terrible to be working without getting any salary for 2 years.

On top of that after having 2000 or 3000 hours youīll need to go somewhere else because you wonīt have the chance to get upgraded and it wonīt be easy at all, so do not think that after getting few hours everything will be easy.

Also I know 2 guys that do the same type of program and after finishing the rating they were told that the local aviation authority wonīt accept them because they donīt have any hour on type (Min 100 for approval), and I know itīs not the only time this happen.

Actually be careful because it was in Indonesia, so maybe now this is a new regulation, like the one that donīt allow expat to be upgraded.

with 40.000 USD you can move around and find a job where they will pay you, Papua, Africa, South America.. Jobs are there but most of them you have to go and show your value.