PDA

View Full Version : Aerolineas Argentinas

Dox
18th Sep 2014, 00:09
hola todos,
muy sencillo y directo. que tal es trabajar en Aerolinas? salario short range vs long range? bases? posibilidad de upgrade a capitan o flota de largo enlace?

very easy questions: what about working in Aerolineas? pay short vs long range? bases? chance to upgrade to captain or long range fleet?

gracias chicos,

happy landings!

The Dominican
18th Sep 2014, 12:58
Let me get the popcorn......:cool:

cosmiccomet
18th Sep 2014, 14:40
First of all, you should be Argentine citizen for joining AR as a cockpit crew.
There aren't bases, everybody reports at Jorge Newbery Airpark or Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini Int'l airport.

For this year and for the next, I do not see any hiring unless you are part of the Campora party. AR has around 1300 pilots at this moment and it is known that they have more than they need for its operations.

Upgrades can range between 6 to 18 years depends on the situation of the company.
I don't see a bright future for AR if the government party change in next year.

Dox
20th Sep 2014, 15:41
thank You cosmic. Too bad, i thought they were rising after the last decades. Do You also know about the licence conversion? I hold a EASA ATP, and thinking to knock at Aerolineas' door next year (even if it's the first time I hear about Campora party..).

Thank's again!

themagicman00
26th Sep 2014, 00:09
The entire license convertion can take a good 6-9 months. Currently on the 8th month window (FAA ATP)....still need to take the check-ride. They will not accept your hours flown, which means:
Last time AR Called for pilots: They required to have at least 900 TT and Comercial 1st class License.
LANAR They required 900TT and 25 MultiEngine.
And since ANAC will not accept hours flown anywhere but Argentina, you will not meet the minimum requirement, even if you have an ATP which will surpase those requirements...along with citizenship, Radio Operador Restringido...etc.
Anyway, like cosmic said, there will not be any hiring in the near future, LANAR still struggling with the local government trying to kick them out of the country and AR trying to find a good management team and not some knukle heads (La Campora) trying to manage an airline with ZERO industry experience....baffles me, but is true.

Good luck.

cosmiccomet
26th Sep 2014, 15:11
The entire license convertion can take a good 6-9 months. Currently on the 8th month window (FAA ATP)....still need to take the check-ride. They will not accept your hours flown, which means:
Last time AR Called for pilots: They required to have at least 900 TT and Comercial 1st class License.
LANAR They required 900TT and 25 MultiEngine.
And since ANAC will not accept hours flown anywhere but Argentina, you will not meet the minimum requirement, even if you have an ATP which will surpase those requirements...along with citizenship, Radio Operador Restringido...etc.
Anyway, like cosmic said, there will not be any hiring in the near future, LANAR still struggling with the local government trying to kick them out of the country and AR trying to find a good management team and not some knukle heads (La Campora) trying to manage an airline with ZERO industry experience....baffles me, but is true.

Good luck.

ANAC is going to consider the flight time if it was flown in an ICAO register aircraft.
For that porpouse the pilot with an ICAO license should obtain a flight time and license certificate from the issuing Aviation Authority.
That certificate should be also validated by the Argentine Consulate at that country.

If ANAC approves that certificate It is going to produce another certificate in order to allow the holder to take the exams for getting the Argentine license.

You can get the information from the ANAC website.

ANAC - Información General (Propósito) (http://www.anac.gov.ar/anac/web/index.php/2/68/anac/personal-aeronautico#)