PDA

View Full Version : Qantas v Virgin

ForkTailedDrKiller
17th Sep 2014, 12:16
I have flown Qantas almost exclusively for domestic travel for 20+ yrs, work or private. Been a Gold frequent flyer for as long as I can remember.

I find I that I am now flying Virgin almost exclusively now!

Why?

A price differential I just cannot ignore!

If I am typical of longtime Qantas clients, things must be looking pretty grim for the red rat.

underfire
17th Sep 2014, 12:28
Having just flown both, I must say that I was appalled at the QANTAS A380 condition....my seat, as well as the one next to me were broken...
the ac was filthy, and crew were non-english speaking.
Flying from Dubai to Melbourne with only breakfast an hour before landing??
Sorry, but I tried flying the Q, but never again.

50 50
17th Sep 2014, 12:31
Right, PPRUNE, the Private Passenger Rumor Network. Take your cleanliness complaints to A Current Affair.

Australopithecus
17th Sep 2014, 12:35
Plus, I call BS on your post. Non-english speaking crew based in Australia? No meal for 12 hours? Crap. The English we speak may be unlike that uttered in Pennsylvania, but it is English. If you were sleeping for the entire time then you may have missed the first meal service. Qantas manages to serve two meals on the nine hour night flights that I operate.

allthecoolnamesarego
17th Sep 2014, 12:40
Under fire,

Are you sure you were on a Qantas flight? Did you book Q but end up on an Emirates aircraft?

Not trying to be a smart arse, but code share could explain it!

Otherwise I agree with Austral....

600ft-lb
17th Sep 2014, 14:06
Once upon a time I flew a Qantas and it ate my baby.

Never again.

Thanks Virgin, now my babies are safe.

Hang on, which forum am I in again ?

SOPS
17th Sep 2014, 14:20
Protecting Emirates here..all the crew speak English..and on the 9 hour flight to London you are "swamped" by meals! the afternoon flights include scones and cream. Some one is telling porkies here.

SOPS
17th Sep 2014, 14:27
Just realised we are talking MEL DXB sector here. EK does two full meal services. Plus snacks and drinks. ( plus plus in Y and F ). Something is not right here.

Tidbinbilla
17th Sep 2014, 19:57
Right, PPRuNe, the Private Passenger Rumor Network. Take your cleanliness complaints to A Current Affair.

Thanks, 50 50. A sage statement.