PDA

View Full Version : Breitling Aerospace?

nudger
15th Sep 2014, 21:13
My 20 y/o Aerospace is due to be replaced. Anyone know roughly what they cost in Hong Kong now? Rough cost for a basic model or so is fine if anyone happens to know?

Thx.

meanagre
15th Sep 2014, 23:02
The RRP is approximately $38000 HKD

The best street price that I have seen is $27000 HKD

Secondhand on ebay could be a better option

Will IB Fayed
15th Sep 2014, 23:44
Here's a cheap one on ebay! (http://tinyurl.com/ltqmflk)

raven11
16th Sep 2014, 00:37
But....it's not mine ...baby.

LongTimeInCX
16th Sep 2014, 01:57
If it's just the internals that are stuffed, you can get a replacement mechanism, through the Breitling service centre at significantly cheaper prices than you would think.
They keep your old movement and they send it back to the Swiss chronognomes to rejuvenate, which naturally means the one you are getting could just as easily be a pre-loved but rebored movement, but it'll work and it comes with a real warranty.

White None
16th Sep 2014, 02:28
You Muppets know you're discussing a bit of Jewellery costing $38'000 which is 3.8 months worth of some crews' housing allowance right? Time and a place and an appropriate audience Huh?

LongTimeInCX
16th Sep 2014, 02:57
Whitenun, love yr post ref some crews' housing allowance
I assume the muppets you are trying to lecture are us older folk on 'proper' full housing allowance will it?

Unlike the demographic who knew they were going to get 3/8ths of bugger all, but still suffered from "My hair gel is going to look nice in that big shiny jet" syndrome, and decided to join anyway, thereby dragging the general T&C's downwards further.

Sympathy no, empathy of course.
I always feel sorry for mental pygmies.

The poor bloke at the top just wanted to know about watches.
So wtf has it got to do whether he wants to to spend HIS cash on beer, hookers, watches or just waste it?

Seriously??

nudger
16th Sep 2014, 04:48
Some funny guys ;)

Thanks for the replies... beer and hookers sounds like more fun! The million dollar divorce not so much I'd suspect.

White None
16th Sep 2014, 05:39
Sympathy no, empathy of course.
I always feel sorry for mental pygmies.

You might wanna examine that statement from a literal, grammatical standpoint and consider who you've described as what.

There are those who consider others as having selfishly dragged down their precious COS by taking the best job they could at the start of their lives. Heaven forbid you are allowed to breed and if you have, would your offspring be proud of your selfishness?

CISTRS
16th Sep 2014, 06:33
There's a nice Indian gentleman in Nathan Road, who has them on promotion. Buy two, get one free.

Even better terms if you trade in a used model.
:O

White None
16th Sep 2014, 07:26
Wrong! I also am an older folk on 'proper' full housing allowance I just object to MY group being out of order or wholly UNempathetic to the other group. I don't wanna be associated with your comments. It's not about the jewellery - at that point that was banter, but it makes me and many others cringe when you hear people on the bus flight deck etc talking about properties boats, aircraft shares etc sitting next to guys struggling. Maybe at another time it's absolutely a good forum to discuss the above, I agree, why not but right now - a little thought perhaps. Are you gonna want support when it comes to housing talks.....? to plagiarise maybe Same Team Same dream for our crew mates Huh? :-) I'm done

ETOPS240
16th Sep 2014, 07:41
Agree entirely,

It is in our best interest to ensure the LEPs get the best deal possible; because that deal will be a huge influence on where our package ends up.

White None
16th Sep 2014, 08:04
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/37/75/ec/3775ec75872f7b1b359b2ca00d0199db.jpg

ChinaBeached
16th Sep 2014, 08:41
This is possibly one of the funniest threads in a long time.

Genuine request for info about a nice watch which I'm sure the guy had the privilege to "earn" the right to be in the capacity to own and upitty C-Scale Hair Gel Dude gets offended because he REQUESTED a remuneration package that can not allow the same. :D :D :ok:

You were offered a sh!t sandwich, you begged to eat it, said thank you for it, get served it every day, and have the audacity to whine at those who tried to stop you?!!

Hilarious!

PS: the Breitling Service Centre is (was?) at Macau Ferry Terminal building. Professional service and parts replacement available, with warranty of course. Enjoy the nice time piece on your wrist that hard yards, work, study, experience, credentials and a remuneration package reflecting that allow.

LS8C1
16th Sep 2014, 09:00
I'm a C scaler with a Breitling aerospace. Any comments / questions?
(I do live in a sh*t apartment though)

SloppyJoe
16th Sep 2014, 09:06
Just had battery and gasket replaced on my aerospace at classic watch repair in tst. Hk $200 much better than at official centre where they said needed full service at +3000$

Maybe those complaining should also have words with the many BCs and FPs who have $50,000+ Rolexs as it's upsetting the guys without expat housing.

Despot75
16th Sep 2014, 09:59
White None, did you ever stop to think that the OP(nudger) may not be from CX ? It would appear he lives in Australia and wants to compare prices.

Take a chill pill and it will all be OK in the morning.

jetjockey696
16th Sep 2014, 10:34
if you can bear a secondhand watch..

I purchase a few watches from Ken's watches (all genuine). because i cant afford the new thing.... they have a few Breitling. they have a SuperOcean Chronograph form 17800HKD...All negotiable prices. they do tradeins too.

A place I also use to service my watches.. is CLassic watch repair in TST.. the owner speaks perfect english.. slightly pricey but can give you a estimation of the cost..

Piltdown Man
16th Sep 2014, 11:35
I have just had my 19 year old Brietling Aerospace serviced by the manufacturer. I was expecting a silly bill, but for £298 the following work was done: Clean & polish all over, new glass, new hands, new battery and believe it or not, totally new guts. My watch now has loads of new functions that I don't know how to operate. I reckon that's good (well reasonable) value for money, even if you have to pay courier rates to get it to the factory.

PM

White None
16th Sep 2014, 14:51
Think theres a saying about the word ASSume you might wanna look up. Read the thread before you get uppity, no Gel here:=

ChinaBeached
17th Sep 2014, 05:27
I read the thread.

Do yourself a favour and do the same. It's worth the laugh a second, third or fourth time around! I'd like to say take the time to re-read it but that pun may be too obvious.....

(Unless you'll complain that it's rude of me to ask C-Scalers to pay for internet time with respect to other [CX] pilots on better salaries?)

B200Drvr
18th Sep 2014, 01:52
Its funny (not) how every single conversation that Cathay pilots have always ends up about T&C's!!! You must be such a cracking bunch to share a cockpit with!!
Now back to the Breitling thread!!

nudger
18th Sep 2014, 22:49
:rolleyes:

Life is truly less stressful than it was back in July of 2001... :ugh:

Thanks for the... reasonable replies guys.

Dockjock
19th Sep 2014, 03:29
Best place to find watches new and used online is watchrecon dot com. Why you would want an atrocity like a Breitling is beyond me but they are on there.