PDA

View Full Version : Delta DL 29

itspaul
13th Sep 2014, 16:59
On flight radar. Delta dl29 squawking 7700 looks like heading heathrow ?

Ian W
13th Sep 2014, 17:09
On flight radar. Delta dl29 squawking 7700 looks like heading heathrow ?

Landed Heathrow - got the stacks quite full so 29 had priority. The landing stream just getting back underway now.

Nozzer
13th Sep 2014, 17:13
He got almost half way across the pond apparently before turning back.

Ian W
13th Sep 2014, 17:24
The track I saw looked like the aircraft turned back at around 49N009W. Obviously got a lot of priority with traffic being backed up into the stacks.

Hotel Tango
13th Sep 2014, 17:27
:zzz::zzz::zzz: This is for the Spotters Forum!

DaveReidUK
13th Sep 2014, 19:46
This is for the Spotters Forum!

And that's being charitable. :O

eastern wiseguy
13th Sep 2014, 20:51
9 west.....is hardly "halfway across the pond" .....To Spectators Balcony with this .

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Sep 2014, 20:55
IanW Any priority traffic is threaded under the holding areas and fitted in with the normal sequence, perhaps with a little more room ahead of an behind, depending on what the problem is. The holding stacks don't simply pile up and wait - normality continues until the priority aircraft is closer in.

FERetd
13th Sep 2014, 21:09
To those members of the Forum Police,

Was this item not news?

This is the Rumours and News forum!

manrow
13th Sep 2014, 21:14
So where is the information on why the aircraft turned back?

AviatorTB
13th Sep 2014, 21:33
Clearly it was a slow day on 121.5 so the guard police sent a a contingent here to augment their skill set.

DaveReidUK
13th Sep 2014, 21:57
Was this item not news?

This is the Rumours and News forum!It's no more news than the many other daily instances of aircraft diversions.

I suspect that even the denizens of the Spotters Forum would get rapidly fed up if every one of those was similarly reported.

Capn Bloggs
13th Sep 2014, 23:58
It's no more news than the many other daily instances of aircraft diversions.

You have many daily Maydays over there, so you?

Ian W
14th Sep 2014, 00:34
It's no more news than the many other daily instances of aircraft diversions.

I suspect that even the denizens of the Spotters Forum would get rapidly fed up if every one of those was similarly reported.

Considering the extreme reluctance of pilots of scheduled carriers to declare emergencies, squawking 7700 and diverting to Heathrow is more than a weather/fuel diversion and indicates a level of concern that is far from normal. A valid thing to put into this section of the forum.

GAPSTER
14th Sep 2014, 06:31
Nice to see the professionals are right on it

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
14th Sep 2014, 06:57
Ian W Having read your profile I cannot believe that you could write such things.

Capn Bloggs
14th Sep 2014, 07:17
HH is right. Squawking 7700, akin to declaring a Mayday, is the best way to get priority and not be messed around when you want to return for whatever reason. :cool:

DaveReidUK
14th Sep 2014, 08:00
You have many daily Maydays over there, so you?

I don't recall constraining my comment to "over there" (wherever that is). If every 7700 squawk worldwide produced a post on PPRuNe's R&N, they would outnumber all the other threads put together. I'm sure that's not what you would want.

A valid thing to put into this section of the forum.

Looks like the mods share my view that stuff like this didn't belong there (R&N).

FERetd
14th Sep 2014, 08:36
You call them moderators (good to keep on the right side, I suppose). I'd call them censors. What you see, is what they want you to see!

The item was no more or less newsworthy than half the posts on Rumours and News.

Perhaps we need an "Approved by DavidReidUK" endorsement.

DaveReidUK
14th Sep 2014, 09:15
Perhaps we need an "Approved by DavidReidUK" endorsement.

By all means feel free to disagree with my views and opinions, but let's leave the ad hominem stuff out, shall we?

itspaul
14th Sep 2014, 09:54
Yes sorry dave I will pm you before I post again I consider my knuckles rapped :rolleyes:

itspaul
14th Sep 2014, 09:59
Gosh I must have been really naughty I am now not allowed to view the r& n forum anymore. !!!!!

FERetd
14th Sep 2014, 10:21
DavidReidUK,

Well, I must say that I had to search the Latin pages of Pprune to understand what you were saying, and I did do Latin at school.

You took it upon yourself, along with Hotel Tango, to decide where a contributor's post should be placed.

Thank you itspaul for the news item.

If this is your "thing" then you might want to have a look at the MH370 and MH17 posts. Rumour and News were surpassed on these two events along time back and have since been replaced by Supposition and Conjecture.

You will have a field day with those. And don't forget to tell the "moderators"!

Tempus fugit and so must I.

Lord Spandex Masher
14th Sep 2014, 10:27
Define 'news'

newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent events.

Define 'rumour'

to be circulated as an unverified account.

Hotel Tango
14th Sep 2014, 12:56
FERetd: Actually no, I don't take it upon myself where a post should go. It's just that I know from experience where it will (quite rightly) end up. Unfortunately when posters are new or relatively new to PPRuNe some have a tendency to post in the wrong forums. An A7700 squawk is not all that uncommon and it has been explained many times on this forum that probably 95% of instances it's probably for a medical emergency. I would say that 99.99% of A7700 squawks make perfectly safe landings too. If some PPRuNErs really feel the need to report every A7700 squawk they see on FR24 the R&N is definitely not the forum for it. Perhaps the Spectators Balcony mods should consider setting up a sticky A7700 thread on which those of you, who so wish, can enjoy yourselves on, and the rest of us can stay well clear of. :)

itspaul
14th Sep 2014, 13:44
So can you explain why I now can't access the R&N Threads ? Was the crime that serious ???

highflyer40
14th Sep 2014, 14:00
I would hold your breath. I've been locked out of the MH17 thread for over a month!!

KBPsen
14th Sep 2014, 16:54
http://www.ashcroftsurgery.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/crying-baby.jpg

FERetd
14th Sep 2014, 17:33
Hotel Tango Quote:- "Actually no, I don't take it upon myself where a post should go" and "This is for the Spotters Forum" Both your posts.

Are you a moderator?

If not, please let them do the job.

You have no special rights or privileges over "the rest of us" or any of us, nor any authority over anyone posting on this forum.

Whilst you or I or DavidReidUK might think that a post is not appropriate in a particular forum, it is not our place to direct the poster.

But if you want to nitpick over which forum a post should go in, you too could start with the MH370/MH17 posts. That will keep you busy for a while.

Hotel Tango
14th Sep 2014, 18:58
FERetd you're quite right I have no special rights or privileges, nor do I expect any. However, as long as I respect the Forum rules, I believe I have the right to an opinion. "This is for the Spotters Forum" was an opinion - based on the reasons I gave in my previous post to you. If you think about it, are you not now trying to moderate me? :) You may want the last word, but that's all from me on this thread.

FERetd
14th Sep 2014, 19:38
Hotel Tango

Good!