PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways customer service.

Cymmon
13th Sep 2014, 15:06
I'm a regular traveller with Qatar but will have to re-think this strategy if things don't change.

Booked a while ago MAN-DOH-MNL with a 9 hr+ stopover in Doha. Asked a number of times if possible to change to earlier flight from DOH, yes , for £600.

Today, looked at the website, same flight I really want is £105 cheaper than the one I booked, so phoned customer services to ask if it's possible to change as obviously seats are available.

NO, was the reply , it's not on my system, I replied it's on the Internet, I'm looking at it now. Not on my system, so £600.

To cut a long story short, I've now cancelled my original booking, have to wait up to 28 days for the refund but booked a flight £105 cheaper than the one I originally booked, paid a £200 cancellation charge, so paid an extra £95 but the telephone operator STILL wanted £600!

What is going on? I'm a privilege card holder but still no help at all, had to basically do everything myself. Shame that Qatar are much more comfortable to travel in than the other ME airlines, who I turned down even though initial fares were £200 cheaper.

If Qatar want to keep their passengers they need to improve the customer care experience....

Rant over.

Feel free to shoot me down if I've been a fool etc ;-)

Cymmon
19th Sep 2014, 17:29
Quick update. Was telephoned from Qatar HQ in Doha, they will look into why i was asked to pay £600 extra to be transfered to a flight that was cheaper.

Day after they telephoned again, FULL refund of original tickets, NO cancellation charges, and new booking honoured.

Now, THAT is customer service, THANK YOU QATAR AIRWAYS.

I fly tomorrow.....