PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Expats

2 stripes
13th Sep 2014, 05:02
I am proposing an expat get together so other expats can meet up but appreciate this will have to be a rolling event as not everyone may or want it on a specific date. Any takers or suggestions for a venue? PM if you prefer.

dubbleyew eight
13th Sep 2014, 13:15
right beside Asok station is the Black Swan "english pub" a lovely little drinking spot.
my favourite in BKK.

just a suggestion. I'm not an expat.

kwaiyai
13th Sep 2014, 13:21
Does the Black Swan still do that Mega English Fryup? not working in Thailand now but I am in and out of BKK so up for the fryup if its still on there but what about the Argentinian steak house as an enroute Alternate?
Regard's,

dubbleyew eight
13th Sep 2014, 13:28
the Black Swan has beautiful food.

another good nosh place is the Kobe Steakhouse. Japanese food at its best.

Pin Head
14th Sep 2014, 00:09
How do I become a bangkok expat?

737 rated?

2 stripes
14th Sep 2014, 08:47
Hello Pin head, no need to be 737 type rated just trying to make some friends here in Bangkok! Are you in Bangkok?
The Black Swan is indeed good and just like a pub back home except the bar staff are Thai. If anyone is planning to go to the Black Swan could they give us some warning so maybe we could all meet up?

Cheap Charlie
14th Sep 2014, 09:41
If you're looking for suggestions mainly in the Sukhumvit Asok/Nana area take a look at Sukhumvit Scene online magazine for a local restaurant/bars directory.

dubbleyew eight
14th Sep 2014, 11:50
has anyone noticed the chong sam's in the Black Swan.

the chong sam is a seductive little red and gold chinese dress. in the black swan they are black with gold piping.
they only come down to the top of their legs.
they are wonderful distractions.

trouble is that all the girls wearing them ....are married to expats.:E bugger.

Metro man
15th Sep 2014, 04:00
Thumbs up for the El Gaucho Argentine steakhouse. Not cheap but the quality is exceptional. If you stand facing Terminal 21 shopping centre at Asoke, it's down the street on the left hand side.

El Gaucho Argentinian Steakhouse: Restaurant, Wine Bar | Welcome (http://elgaucho.asia/thailand/?page_id=2)

inflames
17th Sep 2014, 03:02
Cheap charlies Sukhumvit soi 11 is a good watering hole and meet up after work expat crowd. Pickled liver pub used to be around the corner but now moved down the way the colourful of soi 7/1 street, many crew and layover go there watch the footy or rugby, stay open very late for sports normally.