PDA

View Full Version : Lear 35 Info...

BackHive
12th Sep 2014, 19:22
Hi All, I've been a long time lurker on here so please excuse me for my first post. I'm a helicopter engineer full time but in another life I am developing a Lear 35 aircraft for flightsim use and thus I would really appreciate if some kind soul on here could answer some questions about this aircraft and it's systems for me.....

Here's my first for now...

Regarding the Collins radio set (below) that I modelled, what I'd like to know is what are the lights on the front of each panel for ? Do they light up when power is ON, or a signal is received, when the test button is pressed ? What about the transponder lights.. I'm sure the REPLY lights up when the unit is being interrogated (correct ?) Or perhaps something else ?

Many thanks

B/H

http://members.upc.ie/terrygaff//LJ35_VC_017.jpg

specialbrew
13th Sep 2014, 08:42
If I remember correctly, they light up to show you the active radio. ie, depending on the position of the transfer (TFR) switch, it will illuminate to show the comm unit that you are using and transmitting on. The light stays on until you throw the TFR switch in opposite direction.

Lear_doctor
16th Sep 2014, 10:51
Special Brew could well be right I know he has plenty of good experience with this aircraft type in the past. - But the logic does not follow for the second box down. I think, and please be aware this is a 25khz spacing setup from many many years ago (in the UK where I worked we moved to 8.33 some time ago). I think the lights are power lights, the small VOL knob served as an ON/OFF switch and that caused the light to come on. The placard above the lights says ON, and I think that deals with the lights and the Xfer placard deals with the switch.

Hope this helps, but its only what I remember.

The Doc