PDA

View Full Version : Weight & Balance/Load Planning Systems

Bowser99
9th Sep 2014, 13:29
Greetings fellow aviation people!

Who can give me advice about the various weight and balance/load planning systems available at the moment?

I have heard about axsControl/Altea/Lodestone/DPlan - thoughts please? What are they like, are there any others, functionality, who uses them etc?

Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Out Of Trim
9th Sep 2014, 16:04
I think you need to expand on your question!

It depends on what you want to know and what you need the information for?

Do you need the system to handle just weight and balance or do you need a complete Departure Control system or do you want two separate systems that can work together?

NutLoose
9th Sep 2014, 20:39
If you have an iPhone or iPad Cessna have some free ones for the likes of the Citation and I think the 172S, see

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/clcalc-cessna/id517100985?mt=8

They have several other free apps as well covering various things, just click on the related link.

Bowser99
10th Sep 2014, 07:50
Hi Out of Trim,

I would like to know about W&B systems that can be run either stand alone or connected to a check-in system to allow passenger details to be automatically transferred.

Many thanks

Out Of Trim
10th Sep 2014, 16:15
OK, Altea Amadeus does this, and is a Complete DCS with Weight and Balance built-in. It works and many seem to like this one.

However, I have used D-Plan now called Libra for many years and is my personal favourite. It works well as a stand alone Weight and Balance system for both Narrow and Wide-Body A/C types. It is very visual and flexible, a drag and drop system and is very easy to learn. It works on a web-based server on the PC only.

I know Libra can connect with Shares DCS, you click a button in Libra to download up to date pax figures checked in, A/C bay splits and baggage data; which will indicate when the pax figure is final. I not sure if any other DCS can be connected though. ;)

G-VMAN
25th Sep 2014, 00:55
Here's a few:
Amadeus FM (SQ/QF/SV/QR/JJ/MS...)
Sabre FM (EY/PK/ET...)
MACS (EK)
Travelsky (MU)

Bigbluebroxi
25th Sep 2014, 23:04
MACS (EK)

A bit OT but EK now use Altea for W&B. The only use MACS for DCS now, and will be switching fully to Altea at some point in the future.