PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Pilot Alan Curtis - for his daughter

LadyV
8th Sep 2014, 18:13
Hi everyone,

A few years ago I joined this site as someone was asking about how to get in contact with Al, since then a few people have contacted me with stories or pictures of him. I saw the thread that Anna E-J posted about her dad (John E-J) and found some of the responses touching.

My mum was married to Al for years before trying for a child, unfortunately she was pregnant with my big sister at the time of the Falklands. When Al died on the 6th May 1982 my sister had not yet been born. She never met him, and has only had stories from my mum. I would really like to be able to put together some stories of her dad for her, and if anyone has any pictures they would like to send through that would be fantastic.

I am her half sister (to avoid some confusion - from a post years ago) but would really appreciate anything that I can pass on to her and my mum.

Thank you all
Vicki

Thud105
11th Sep 2014, 15:04
I think you may have more luck in the military aviation forum Vicki.

chevvron
12th Sep 2014, 11:31
Is this the Alan Curtis who owned Compton Abbas? Lived at Sands, near Farnham, for many years and was part owner of Aston Martin?

Allan Lupton
12th Sep 2014, 14:06
I hardly think someone who was part-owner and chairman of Aston Martin would have been killed in the Falklands, aged 35, subsequently.