View Full Version : Who are Titan?

Crab Fat
6th Jun 2001, 21:50
I would love any info on Titan. I've seen the web site I am after more information.

What is the pay like?
Are they recruiting?
What are the min requirements?
Any other information about life style and rosters.....

Cheers

RAF

Crab Fat
7th Jun 2001, 22:31
Is this a real airline that has employees that get time to post on pprune or are you all too busy?

IanBowden
8th Jun 2001, 00:15
Not an employee (maybe one day!) but they are a charter company (charter their a/c to others) than run ATRs, B737 and 146, plus i think a citation, maybe more. Thats all i know, i have flown jumpseat on their 737-300, G-ZAPM.

Ian

squitter
9th Jun 2001, 00:29
Titan Airways operate 3 Bae146`s, 2 ATR42`s and a B737-300. With the exception of the Boeing, the aircraft are dual role, able to convert to either cargo or passenger and be airborne within one hour. It is because of this flexibility that the company was recently awarded the Queens award for enterprise. When in pax, the aircraft are fitted to vip standard and often carry out prestigeous contracts including premiership football teams, corporate hospitality and most recently, political parties for the election campaign.
Additionally, the aircraft are wet leased to other airlines for long periods. At the moment, a 146 is operating from Edi for go. At night, the configuration of the aircraft can be changed to freight. Any aircraft not pre booked remain on one hour readiness for rapid response.

THAI TUN
10th Jun 2001, 13:30
Hi Crab Fat,

Pay at Titan is about industry average, there is no flight pay, but basic pay is higher than most small companies.

Recruitment - difficult to forecast - CVs get binned every 3 months so keep sending. There is a low turnover of pilots so not the easiest company to get into. Personal recommendation helpful.

Requirements - if not already type rated and experienced then licence + MCC. In the past the company has taken a mix of low time 'CAP509' guys and high time 'self improvers'.

Lifestyle - The ATRs and 146s do a mix of scheduled night freight, ad-hoc passenger and freight charters, passenger wet leases. The 737 does similar work but pax only.
Rosters are normally issued two weeks in advance. A lot of time is spent on standby with a 30 minute report time - great lifestyle if you want a lot of time at home and you live within 30 minutes of Stansted. On the other hand you sometimes have to up and go away for a few days with no notice, and ocassionaly get based away for a couple of weeks or so at a time. On average you can spend more time at home than most pilots, albeit on standby.

Overall a freindly, professional company. Very pleasant to work for if you like a bit of variety.

THAI TUN

Deadleg
10th Jun 2001, 17:05
A good outfit & friendly crews. I think the name Titan is an ancient English word meaning Brymon Airways!