PDA

View Full Version : Beijing Capital Airlines

Martin Lotz
7th Sep 2014, 20:09
Does anybody have any information about BCA base Sanya. I thinking about registering for DEC A320 position. I do have to move with my family from germany to china. Any experiences here to share?
thank you very much

nopoal
8th Sep 2014, 08:06
Hi,

I have been in the same situation you are now. Tempted by the good salary and how good looks Sanya considering the rest of China. It seems that Sanya it is only a sweet to attract pilots to choose BCA and that most probably you will be based in PEK or CAN. But these, you will only discover once you are half set in China and your options will be to move to those bases or to resign to work in China for a long time.

Hope it helps and if it changes, just let us know.

Good luck,

nopoal :cool:

USMCProbe
8th Sep 2014, 17:03
I was based there for a year. It is OK, but not really suitable for an expat family. There is zero access to any real health care and it is not an expat friendly place. There are maybe 40 ish english speaking expats in Sanya at any one time.

If you like to surf that is a plus.

Martin Lotz
8th Sep 2014, 18:28
Thank you very much for that information. Seems not to be the right place to be with my family! And when you stuck in PEK or CAN its even worse.
Do you have any other proposal. I'm also thinking about vietnam airlines.
Thank you very much
Greetz
Martin

Black Crow
9th Sep 2014, 08:28
I'm also thinking about vietnam airlines.

YGTBSM.

And you want to bring your family??:eek:

USMCProbe
10th Sep 2014, 05:25
Vietnam Airlines? For families? I saw a couple of dozen wives move to Saigon. Maybe 1 out of 20 stayed. The rest left, usually within 3 weeks.

Family with kids? I would do the sandbox.

Luke SkyToddler
10th Sep 2014, 06:39
The middle east? For families? I saw a couple of dozen wives move to the desert. Maybe 1 out of 20 stayed. The rest left, usually within 3 weeks.

Family with kids? I would do anything except the sandbox.

Corrected that for you :ok:

USMCProbe
13th Sep 2014, 02:49
LOL Luke. Thanks.

There are a few benefits there that Viet and China don't offer. World class schools for free, and living in a comfortable compound for the spousal units.

Neither of those benefits apply to me so I have no interest in the sandbox. If I was a 32 year old RJ dude with a wife and 3 kids in school it might be a bit more attractive.

The only place in China I would take kids would be Shanghai or Shenzhen, preferably Shenzhen. At least you can go across the bay to HK for medical care.

seatrumpeter
16th Sep 2014, 09:39
I have lived in Shanghai for 6 years. My youngest son was born here. My two eldest go to primary school. The school options are fantastic here. Healthcare is good - certainly no problems for routine stuff. Doctors are all expats from US/Europe/Oz.

Shanghai is a wonderful city to spend time in (provided you can deal with being an expat - it's not for everyone). I also lived in Shenzhen for a year. While that was a long time ago, I'd choose Shanghai every time. Sure Hong Kong was a draw but it you want to live there just live there.

On Final
29th Oct 2014, 05:24
Hello All,

I made a new thread for Being Capital Airlines and linked it to this once after seeing it here.

Are there any Captains currently flying for BCA wish to share data? Second hand info is also good.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

On Final

Oscar84
5th Feb 2015, 14:15
Any news about Sanya base?

390blue
10th Feb 2015, 09:18
Just spent all of January there with my airline, not BCA, and found it pleasant compared to my base of Chengdu. The weather was certainly a nice change....I could breathe!
We stay near the airport which sucks since the action is a 25 minute taxi ride away. It's still in China so that means it's a let down. The Chinese litter with out a second thought about it so the beaches have garbage all over. Not to mention people. I could see coming TDY for the winter and enjoying it. Coming with family? Come first by yourself and spend 6 months, get your bearings then bring the wife and kids for a long stay then make your decision.
They refer to it as the Chinese Hawaii! haha what an insult to Hawaii.

Oscar84
10th Feb 2015, 12:04
Are you talking about Sanya?

What other chinesse airline has Sanya as a base?

390blue
15th Feb 2015, 03:16
Sichuan........

rogeriouzz
19th Feb 2015, 07:51
Tianjin Airlines also has SYX as a base for A320.

sl235
11th Apr 2015, 05:24
Anyone know what the real chance of getting your base of choice is?

I am interested but only if I can be based in Sanya. Any current crew at BCA would be great to hear any info on rostering / downstation hotel quality. (PM if you prefer)

Thanks

SL

gatorman330
4th May 2015, 05:37
hi john, i am still in sanya:D