PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines

ExpatChris
6th Sep 2014, 20:05
Hi all

Am flying THY soon from Istanbul -Bangkok

Anybody flown with them or even worked with them, first long haul flight so any hints or info would be appreciated

Look forward to your replies

Chris

Dushan
6th Sep 2014, 20:11
You'll probably have better luck with this question in SLF forum.

radeng
7th Sep 2014, 13:30
You may have a long walk at Istanbul - and I found it not well sign posted.

Checked in on a Business Class flight IST - FRA.

'Aisle seat, please'

'No aisle seat, only window'

Get on aeroplane. Row 1, totally empty. Row 2 full. Row 3 (last row in Business) totally empty.

So I moved to 1C. The FA looked about 16 years old, and when told I was moving, shrugged and said 'OK' and brought more champagne. Incidentally, for an unannounced reason, 1.75 hours late in boarding, no refreshments in the meantime.

But there are worse airlines......Every airline occasionally gives you a bad flight for whatever reason.

Octopussy2
8th Sep 2014, 07:49
I flew with them in August, from Geneva to Varna (via Istanbul and Constantza - NOT a route to be recommended).

They were absolutely fine. It was a novelty to be served hot food and I could have had whisky for breakfast if I'd wanted! Service was fine and the aircraft were clean and comfortable.

Istanbul was fine - plenty of shops if you have time to spare and like that sort of thing, but on the return leg it was incredibly crowded, hopefully I just caught it at a bad time.