PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird oddity

Democritus
5th Sep 2014, 16:02
My wife uses Thunderbird 24.6 on her W7 x64 computer. Just recently an odd thing has started happening which I cannot sort out. This only happens with a couple of inbound email addresses, all the others are okay. On emails from those company email addresses, in the ‘From’ field it shows as having come from the email address of another of her suppliers.

If you hover the mouse over the ‘From’ address the correct company email address then appears in a separate box. If you click ‘Reply’ to the email then the ‘To’ field shows the correct company email address.

The headers show the correct sender, so I don't think there are any problems there. I ran Malwarebytes a couple of days ago and nothing of concern showed up there.

Any thoughts?

Avtrician
6th Sep 2014, 01:30
Check the address book on Thunderbird, The sender info may be incoroect in the listing there.

mixture
6th Sep 2014, 08:13
Democritus,

Thunderbirg is now up to 31.1 ... maybe time for an update ?

Democritus
6th Sep 2014, 11:28
Thanks for the replies. Have updated her Thunderbird to 31.1 - I always thought that it updated automatically in the past. Edit - 'Automatically install updates' is ticked in Thunderbird 'Tools-Options-Advanced-Update', as it is on my computer and neither has updated automatically since version 24.6.

I should have investigated more thoroughly before posting the query although it had me beaten at the time I did post. It's all sorted now:ok: - when I right clicked 'Properties' on the contact in Address Book the 'Always Prefer Display Name Over Message Header' was ticked (default setting) and goodness knows how but she had the other company's email address inserted as the Display Name. She has no idea how that happened.:O

OFSO
6th Sep 2014, 14:55
She has no idea how that happened

Wives never do. "I never touched it", "it changed by itself" and "I have no idea how that happened" are as commonly heard in my household as "What's it doing now ?" on an Airbus CVR.